Author Topic: Been kinda tied up lately  (Read 2212 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Been kinda tied up lately
« on: October 10, 2009, »
Sorry if I seemed to not be around much lately. I have been ill and then trying to catch up on work, coops  and other items since getting better.  We just made the decision to skip the show this year do to all the things going on and lack of time to work on seqencing this year.  We figure it is better to do a great show next year then rush a show this year and not have a very good one. This does make it even more important that you guys post your videos of your shows for me to enjoy!

The Last express coop of the year closes orders tonight. I was very surprise to see numbers like we did for it this late in the season. Lots of new names too.

On an up note I did just get a new car which I needed. My old 97 S-10 pickup was getting pretty tired.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Been kinda tied up lately
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, »
Hi RJ,

Sorry to hear about your show for this year but I totally understand.

Congrats on the new vehicle

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, »
Sometimes a little static display break can be a good thing.  And it still lets people know that you love lights.  Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Jim
Kennesaw, GA
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, »
Sorry to hear about the display.

Bill

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

Charlie Brown said it best.... " Aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!"

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, »
Sorry to hear about your show RJ.

I told my wife about 2 months ago I was feeling the pressure and didn't think I was gonna have time to finish. She said, "You silly,... you already did all that last year. Why not just set up last years show again? You know,... Can't argue with that. She gave me that you're crazy look when I told her "no,... it's all new."

If I had to though, I do have everything I need to setup and run last years show again. I just can't get myself to do it.

Glad you're feelin better.  :)

Leon
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, »
Was really looking forward to seeing all those CDI LED's doing the BF RJ... but I understand.  Here's hoping everything else works out great for you and the family!

All the BEST to you and yours for ALL you do for the rest of us.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, »
I know it was a hard decision to make for you and yours, but I also know that it is for the best.

it will be just as bright ... because the light is on inside ...

HEY and all those of us that are doing displays could put an extra light or 1000 out in your name. That way we could keep the light / dark balance right *SMILE*

so I am giving you charge of my 32 mini trees (9600 lights) this year, they will set in my yard but they are yours THIS YEAR ONLY ...  LAUGHING ... 

RJ don't worry about the mini trees this year I will take extra good care of them.

You can say you are trying something different this year ... you have part of your display in Smyrna, GA
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, »
We will do that Bill!

RJ

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, »
hmm...I see a new wireless/internet app in the making.

Global Blinky!

Go  RJ!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, »
RJ
I feel your pain
We made the decission last month not to have a display this year.  Luckily work will keep me busy enough not to notice how dark the cul -de sac will be

Offline Greg

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, »
RJ,

What a difficult decision that had to be, after all the work.  ...All the work you do for us, for which I am thankful.  And though I may not have materially contributed to your need to call it off, I can't help but carry some sadness that you had to resort to keeping it all on the shelf till next year.

I promise to do my best to let it shine extra bright this coming holiday season and put as many smiles on kids faces as I can.

For all you do, thank you my friend,

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, »
I thank you all but it was a choice and we are not upset over it. We all are looking forward to what the extra time will allow us to do next year. Call it a building year. So much has happened to my family this year some good, some not so good that the show had become a stress to me. My dad even saw it and told me to not let it worry me. So it has allow something that I was having trouble finding time to get done to be removed from my plate. I am busy with so much that sometimes you need to reduce and simplify.

Next year I will not be trying to help my son get his home done. Dealing with my wifes dads passing and the work that has come from dealing with issues he left behind. Dealing with trying to bring a new law enforcement facility online, the swine flu which I still finding myself a little slowed down from.

I also will be leaning on the members and staff to do the coops more as I try to do less of it.

So what about next year? what do we have to look forward to?

Well me personally the biggest thing is a 5 week around the world trip with my wife of 25 years next year.

DLA has much to look forward to also. The conductor will be a big thing next year. Some point I need to get back on my Ledtriks II and the robo light. I have also looked at releasing a 32 channel Express with the same interface and capabilities of the express just a 32 channel version. 

RJ