Author Topic: Source for LED lights  (Read 833 times)

Offline Night Owl

Source for LED lights
« on: October 12, 2009, »
For my first attempt at computer controlled lighting, I was planning on a mega tree.  Since I am starting at zero, I figure that I might as well spend the extra money up front and go with LED lights.  I do have some LED strings from years past that I have been unhappy with.  Mostly because they were first generation, half wave lights, the flickering and low intensity bothered me.  I also purchased a small LED spiral tree that didn't last a season.  The leads on the LEDs corroded off.

So I have been reading around and it looks like what I want is a full rectified, sealed set.  However everything locally available are either half rectified, have removable "bulbs," or both.

Do you all have any online vendors you would recommend?

Thanks
Nathan 

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Source for LED lights
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, »
Hi Nathan,

Many of us here use CDI

Paul Sessel - Creative Displays, Inc.
16210 Foster, Overland Park, KS 66085
1 800 733-9617 FAX 913 402-8487 Local 913 402-9617

Web You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Paul is very good to work with. If you are looking at next year, have your money ready he usually does a pre order in January at great discounts.

Jeff

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
Re: Source for LED lights
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, »
I just got a shipment in from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have to say the 5mm lights are very nice @ 19.99 for any color.  (Full-Wave/Flicker-free)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, by sirwesley »
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC