Author Topic: The configuration program  (Read 1702 times)

Offline gjbankos

The configuration program
« on: October 23, 2009, »
How long does the configuration program take to program 16 channels?  I just built my LE and it passed the test.  I've been running this configuration program for at least a 1/2 hour and it is still running.  The first 3 channel LEDs are on solid.  Channels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 are blinking at a pretty high intensity level.  Channel 5 is not blinking at all.  Channels 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 are blinking at a low intensity level.

Thanks in advance!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: The configuration program
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, »
Normally a few seconds.

RJ posted that he had a fix for the microchip pic "upgrade" of the ver B that cause problems with the wireless and the LE config program ability to program the dimming curves.

I don't think he has posted the fix yet. Most likely getting the swine flu has cause the delay.

Hopefully he sees your post and let us know the status.

Rick R.

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, »
Note that I put together a v3 board from a coop from very early this year.  I think it might have the very first coop from this year...

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, »
Well do you have a pic with a date code that starts with 08 or 09?

The config program does not stop sending data on its own. You have to stop it yourself once you ran the config seq on the LE

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, »
If I read what I think you are referring to, it says 0832M6Y.

Yeah, I stopped the config program on my own after about 1 hour.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, »
Well the 08 chip is very good news then

here is the info from the wiki

Note Next two steps are swappable.

• Put your Express in prg mode by hitting the mode button and when "PRG" shows up hit the edit button to turn the decimal on the right on. It should day "PRG."
  • Now hit the Program button and the express should program and reboot.

The windows program will stay in transmit mode until you click on the stop button. This allows you to walk around your yard and program all of your Expresses if needed.

Here is the link to the video of RJ showing the Express being setup with the Config program [Video]

Rick R.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, »
the program does not stop transmitting on its own. You have to hit the stop button. Once the express restarts you are done.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, »
RJ,
So you are saying I don't likely have any problems?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, »
Try this.  Set the config program so the channel is something odd like 215 and then put your express in PRG mode with the Decimal on the last digit on (program mode and selected.) then hit transmit. Does a few leds flash on the Express and after 15 seconds it comes up and says 215 in the channel led? if so ... Yes you have no problem. Notice the program will still be transmitting until you hit stop.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, »
How long does the configuration program take to program 16 channels?  I just built my LE and it passed the test.  I've been running this configuration program for at least a 1/2 hour and it is still running.  The first 3 channel LEDs are on solid.  Channels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 are blinking at a pretty high intensity level.  Channel 5 is not blinking at all.  Channels 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 are blinking at a low intensity level.

Thanks in advance!

I think this is the problem I had (and probably still have). I never saw my LEs reboot and I took that as they weren't programming right. On the first one, I waited for 1/2 an hour waiting on the reboot. I believe this is actually the chip problem thats been talked about. I have never taken the time to update my chips/firmware. They work fine after I reboot them manually.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL