Author Topic: Tx,Rx  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
Tx,Rx
« on: October 23, 2009, »
Told ya I was going to make them look like the Heat Sync....

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
Re: Tx,Rx
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, »
Didn't want to start a new thread and this title fit so I'm hijacking it for one post!

Wanted to thank you RJ for the Wireless DMX Rx and Tx modules. I was 100% sure I would slice off a finger or a precious part off those little RF modules but I got through it and got my two Rx and two Tx modules built. So I plug them in figuring I probably screwed up something somewhere - but NO! Both pairs came up immediately without a hitch - sweetness to level 10!!!

Thanks again and for the great documentation also - very easy to build once you get done wetting your pants over the RF module mod...  ;D

Brian

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, »
Glad they worked for you.
Version 2 will not require you to cut the new versions of these modules and you will not have to solder the amp on since the modules have it built in. That is if the testing works out well.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, »
Hey RJ, I am finding that I have signal problems with one of my boxes. Basically I am sending a signal from in my garage and I have a receiver in an upstairs bedroom. Is there any way to get a stronger transmitter... I didnt know if mouser had stronger ones or not that would work with the board. Thanks

Brad

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey RJ, I am finding that I have signal problems with one of my boxes. Basically I am sending a signal from in my garage and I have a receiver in an upstairs bedroom. Is there any way to get a stronger transmitter... I didnt know if mouser had stronger ones or not that would work with the board. Thanks

Brad

No,  the output is at its max.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, »
Wonder if anyone makes a Gain antenna this size.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, »
Antennex (I think thats the correct spelling) make antennas for most every type of mobile device there is.
I don't have the time to search their site or I would. If someone has the  time, it  might be the place to start.

Brad

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, »
I found this site as I was looking for a way to extend the antenna to the outside of my shed where the controllers and Rx will be housed: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I haven't picked out anything yet but it looks like they have something you could use.

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, »
Brad..  if your signal from the garage to the bedroom is trying to go through anything  metal and large  (like an old cast iron bathtub or something newer like foil backed insulation),  your reception will be spotty at best along that line..   

Larry. 
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012