Author Topic: Wireless LE on 2 boards  (Read 2013 times)

Offline deplanche

Wireless LE on 2 boards
« on: October 24, 2009, »
I have 2 LEs, one channel 1-16, the other 17-32... tested them and work just fine when hard wired to dongle.  (YEAH!!)

Took out the RS485 chip on the first LE, inserted the RX.  Disconnected DMX IN cable from LE and hooked up to TX.  First LE works just like it did with wires (YEAH #2). 

But the 2nd LE isn't doing anything, and doesn't appear to be getting DMX signal (Boo).  I am not sure if the first one isn't sending the signal or the 2nd one isn't receiving it, or if I am just missing something like pulling the RS485 chip on the 2nd board.  Just don't want to go pulling chips and risking damaging them if it is something simple, like a jumper.  Which reminds me, these are both v3.0 boards.  I don't think it is that because both worked fine wired, but you experts may know better.

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
Re: Wireless LE on 2 boards
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, »
If you're doing what I think you're trying to do, I'm not sure it will work.

My guess is that you're wanting to go wireless to the first LE, but then daisy chain with a Cat-5 cable to the second LE, right?

Not sure this is possible with a V3 board.  I think you need a V4 board to have DMX out from the LE.

I have both a V3  and 2 V4 LE's.  However, I'm nowhere near the house to be able to actually check to see if it works.
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, »
Yes only the V4 boards has the ability to send the Wireless information out as wired information.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, »
Yes only the V4 boards has the ability to send the Wireless information out as wired information.

RJ

...and I believe you have to use the second port (DMX2) to make it happen - at least that's what I had to do.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline deplanche

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, »
So if I have the 2 v3.0 LEs with one RX, am I able to run both boards in any way, or do I need a 2nd RX?

Also, I can't seem to remember where to find the difference between DMX OUT and DMX OUT 2 is.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, »
So if I have the 2 v3.0 LEs with one RX, am I able to run both boards in any way, or do I need a 2nd RX?

Also, I can't seem to remember where to find the difference between DMX OUT and DMX OUT 2 is.

Ok excuse my 15 minutes of stupid. The V3 boards had this ability. I lost my mind for a minute. Get your First express working with wireless. You will have the RS485 chip near the DMX out pulled but leave the other one in. Plug a good cable in to the DMXOUT2 and hook it to the DMX in on the second board. It should function fine.

The DMX out2 is an amplified out like a splitter but it is setup to output the wireless signal for this purpose.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline deplanche

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, »
Switched the cable to DMXOUT 2 and worked perfectly!!!

Thanks guys!!!