Author Topic: Home Depot wants to trade your old lights for credit towards LEDs!  (Read 7324 times)

Offline Marcus

Hey guys, Home Depot is doing an LED light promo too. Only valid 11/5/09 to 11/15/09, take up to 5 strands of incandescent lights to HD and get $3 off per string per box of LED lights (seems to be only the HD Home Accents brand) that you buy. They are advertising one box in particular, a 50-count LED strand for $5.97 - $3 coupon = $2.97 per box.
They don't specify any length requirements, and it says the can be broken as well, they're recycling them for materials. (Check the page for the recycling process, kinda cool, IMO)

Here's the full fine print:

Valid 11/5/09 through 11/15/09 and redeemable for a $3 discount on a single receipt in-store purchase of LED lights at participating U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands The Home Depot stores. Receive the discount for each string recycled (limit 5 discounts per customer). Offer not valid on (a) prior purchases or (b) purchases from any The Home Depot affiliate store. Offer may not be combined with any other offer, promotion or special incentive program or used as payment on any The Home Depot credit account.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline aERonAUtical96

Damn, and I just bought 20 strings of LEDs.  Guess I'll just have to get more :)

Thanks for the headsup.

Offline knguyen916

If I remember correctly, Home Depot accepts coupons from Lowes so remember to use the $10 off $50 coupon.

Hey guys, Home Depot is doing an LED light promo too. Only valid 11/5/09 to 11/15/09, take up to 5 strands of incandescent lights to HD and get $3 off per string per box of LED lights (seems to be only the HD Home Accents brand) that you buy. They are advertising one box in particular, a 50-count LED strand for $5.97 - $3 coupon = $2.97 per box.
They don't specify any length requirements, and it says the can be broken as well, they're recycling them for materials. (Check the page for the recycling process, kinda cool, IMO)

Here's the full fine print:

Valid 11/5/09 through 11/15/09 and redeemable for a $3 discount on a single receipt in-store purchase of LED lights at participating U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands The Home Depot stores. Receive the discount for each string recycled (limit 5 discounts per customer). Offer not valid on (a) prior purchases or (b) purchases from any The Home Depot affiliate store. Offer may not be combined with any other offer, promotion or special incentive program or used as payment on any The Home Depot credit account.

Offline nick

I just thought that I would share my experience trading in my lights at Home Depot today. I took in 5 strands and was handed my 5 coupons. I picked up 5 boxes of LED lights and went to the self-checkout. I scanned all of my boxes. Then I scanned 1 coupon, and it applied the $3 discount to all of the boxes. When finishing up, I just had to insert 1 coupon into the machine. So I still have 4 more coupons to go use. There's also really nothing stopping me from taking 5 more sets of lights tomorrow.

Offline tbone321

That sounds like abug in their self-checkout system and when they find its existance, they will probably fix it so if you want to take advantage of it, I would do it soon.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline kj77rn

Actually, the coupon is good for up to 5 boxes of the LED.  So, if you only take a string at a time, you get a coupon for up to 5 each time.  Until they recognize you for all those visits. 
Steve
Apopka FL

Offline wbe12345

Folks

Last night I started to use the $3 OFF coupon from Home Depot.

First the type of LED lights you can use the coupon on is ANY Home Depot brand!!!!!

Second if you use the self check out line you first scan the cuopon in then scan you LED lights as normal.
The self check never asks for the broken strings!!!!!

Third when the KIOSH asks to deposit the coupon just press the done button.
Because the coupon says:
                                          1) Scan coupon bar code
                                          2) Return to customer

Gee I think that means that you could use the coupon again!!!!!!!

The first HD I made my purchase at I used a people line and gave then my 5 bad strings.
The second HD I made my purchase via the self checkout and keep the coupon.

I will be buying some more LED lights tonight. Maybe I might try to see if coupon works on non Home Depot brand!!!

Happy buying

Wally
wbe12345

Offline rogerwh

I've read on other sites and personally confirmed at the Home Depot in tallahasse, fl that several of the stores have a hanging display in the Christams section with these coupons for the taking.

As for the $10 off $40 Lowes coupon the customer service desk said it couldn't be used with the $3 off coupons.  My guess is that if you do the self service checkout and go ahead and use the $3 coupon then call the clerk over for the Lowes coupon they may let you by.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, by rogerwh »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I was talking to the store manager on my second visit and I said I'll be back tomorrow for more.  He said just take all you want in groups of 5.  sure enough if you have the clerk scan the bar code on the coupon another time it will give you another $3 off on the next 5 boxes.   I've done that a second HD when I was looking for colors the one by my house did not have and it worked there too.

FWIW, in speaking with the seasonal dept mgr at Lowes, He said that there will not be any early 50% off this year.  They are forbidden by corporate to mark things down before Christmas.  but then again, things have a way of changing.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

FWIW, in speaking with the seasonal dept mgr at Lowes, He said that there will not be any early 50% off this year.  They are forbidden by corporate to mark things down before Christmas.  but then again, things have a way of changing.

That's because it turned out to be a disaster for them last year.  They did their mark down about a week before their big advertising push on Christmas items and by the time it aired, most were pretty much out of everything.  That pissed off a lot of customers and corporate got hammered with negative comments.  They also lost a lot of money and they will probably not make that mistake again.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline bittig

Just picked up the $3 coupon today.  Used it on 4 sets of LED lights and one 6 pack of LED candles so saved $15.  Not bad.  They told us that the $3 sale is extended up to Christmas on the lights.

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Just picked up the $3 coupon today.  Used it on 4 sets of LED lights and one 6 pack of LED candles so saved $15.  Not bad.  They told us that the $3 sale is extended up to Christmas on the lights.

Everyone be careful of these LEDs. I went to HD today and checked the strings on display that they were trading --- they flicker/strobe when swung back and forth like a pendulum - half wave...

-Paul
Leesburg, FL