Author Topic: what type of lites?  (Read 891 times)

Offline BryanV

what type of lites?
« on: October 29, 2009, »
Just going through my stock of lights and realized I don't have enough for certain display items.  I was wondering what works good for a 12 ft tall mega tree.  I am running 8 channels per color with 3 colors.  Would mini light (incadescent) work alright or should I run medium sized lights.  The tree sits about 30 ft of the road front.
Any input would be appreciated.
Bryan
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: what type of lites?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, »
That really depends on many things such as the width of the tree, how dense you want the lights to appear, and how dark the area is where the tree will be.  Mini's fill in space much better than C7's or C9's and you should be able to put 2 to three strings of 100 lights on each channel so I would go with the mini's. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Greg

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, »
I agree with tbone on using the minis.  If one of the colors you plan on using is blue, consider doubling up on those as the light output is significantly lower than most other colors.

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, »
Minis tripled up do look good!  Whatever you use, the bulb spacing and number of bulbs will be the factors to consider, aside from cost.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline BryanV

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, »
I did notice that blue is no where as bright.  Good Iidea to triple up.  Now I need MORE lights.  Doh!!!!! >:(
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login