Author Topic: How bout a....  (Read 1187 times)

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
How bout a....
« on: November 02, 2009, »
This is to all the moderators, how about a link at the bottom of the pages to go back to the top of the page. Unless it's there and I can't see it, when you are at the bottom of any page, to get back to the top you have to scroll all the way back up. I could be blind though so if it's there tell me where please.

Thanks,
Bill

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: How bout a....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

Try hitting the "Home" button, also.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, »
As Keith said the home button works great I also hit right click and select back.  Or click the scroll wheel and move the mouse up which causes a real fast screen movement. 

btw these tips work on all windows screens, not just this forum.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is to all the moderators, how about a link at the bottom of the pages to go back to the top of the page. Unless it's there and I can't see it, when you are at the bottom of any page, to get back to the top you have to scroll all the way back up. I could be blind though so if it's there tell me where please.

Thanks,
Bill

Sorry Bill

That has to be an option in the forum software and only a administrator can add it.

Us lowly mods don't have that access :)

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, »
Thanks Keith,
 I never knew what that home button did. But I like how it works, that's cool.

Bill

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

Real geeks have been known to put something lightly glued to keytops on old keyboards, to cause certain keys to be slightly raised to aid in quick finds for those functions that they like to use a lot.  That, and external usb number pads, with software programmed keys so that the main keyboard isn't changed.  Or an easily added and removed tough plastic overlay, that has one hole in it to make it easy to hit the one key among many useless keys...

Or not...

;D

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

Real geeks have been known to put something lightly glued to keytops on old keyboards, to cause certain keys to be slightly raised to aid in quick finds for those functions that they like to use a lot.  That, and external usb number pads, with software programmed keys so that the main keyboard isn't changed.  Or an easily added and removed tough plastic overlay, that has one hole in it to make it easy to hit the one key among many useless keys...

Or not...

;D

Keith

Have you been soldering a lot of late? Are the fumes getting to you?

:D

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required