Author Topic: What version of Vixen will you use?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline deweycooter

• Patron Member
What version of Vixen will you use?
« on: November 06, 2009, »
I'm getting a bit nervous about this season - I'm new to DIY and jumped in with both feet this year: 8 LEs and I'm gonna do 4 of them wireless.  This is my 4th year animating, but I'm switching to Vixen in order to use DMX.  And I'll be incorporating my existing D-Light boards now that a plug-in is available.

I'm covering a lot of new territory, and it seems a good bit of it has been forged right in front of me just this year:  a lot of new dev in the Lynx line, new Vixen releases, and the new D-Light plug-in for Vixen.  On top of it, I'm using a utility I've written to convert my existing sequences to Vixen.  **Lots** of opportunities to get stuck in the mud.

So... what version of Vixen should I target?  2.0?  2.1?  2.5?  What do you plan to use and what has your experience with it been so far?

Steve

Offline rcouto

Re: What version of Vixen will you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, »
Hi Steve,

So far Vixen 2.5 is working fairly well with my Lynx setup however I am having serveral issues when I use it with the LOR plugin and my D-Light board.

Ideally I will build another LE in time and not use my D-Light board.

Ricardo

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: What version of Vixen will you use?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, »
I used 2.1 for my Halloween show and plan to use 2.1 for Christmas.  Will get more involved with 2.5 in 2010.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA