Author Topic: Looking for Dongle or parts  (Read 2011 times)

Offline 31swford

Looking for Dongle or parts
« on: November 08, 2009, »
Hubby didn't read directions very well and soldered parts onto board before he was supposed to, then couldn't get them off.  Had another pcb but some of the parts will not be available until Feb 2010.  Anyone have working dongle for sell or know where I can find the backordered parts from Mouser?  :'( Rhonda

Offline Kwajtony

Re: Looking for Dongle or parts
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, »
Try Jameco, and ask RJ about a subst #, a 512-FQB27P06TM may work but I don't know.
R,
Tony "C"

Offline mcbill

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, »
I'm in the same situation, three Dongle parts are on back oeder from Mouser - best case will be to be delivered in Dec.  JameCo has the modular jack and On Line Components has the QFET part but I cannot find any supplier that has the half size crystal oscillator.   Any ideas?

I am also interested in purchasing an assembled dongle if anyone has one available.  BC

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, »
This may be helpful: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, »
The Jack can be replaced with mouser # 571-5520252-4  Only difference is it is keyed (does not matter but makes it a few cents more.)

The Clock can be replaced with mouser # 815-ACH-40-EK  just a different manufactor.

The Tranisitor can be replaced with mouser # 512-FQP11P06  With no changes.

All which is in stock.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline 31swford

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, »
Ok, to get out of the dog house, he went searching--probably here--to find parts.  He found the osillator (part #x960-nd) and the mosfet (part #fqp27p06-nd) at digi-key.
Those were part numbers there at digikey.  Can anyone with knowledge tell me if those are the right parts before he gets them and solders them on the new pcb? (He already ordered it!)  I'm very scared at this point.  I still have to have it programmed too. Having melt down.......Rhonda  :D

Offline castortiu

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, »
I'm not saying anyone should do this, but I had a hard time getting the XO at half size and Christmas is coming to town soon.

For the oscillator I have used 520-TCF4000-X (Full Size), it required a small modification adding one extra hole with a mini drill and shift the component. and I cut the pin 1 in the oscillator since is a NC to avoid making a second hole in the board.

For the transistor I used 512-FQP7P06 instead 512-FPQ7P06. (FPQ => FQP).

It works great.

In a future dongle PCB, with just a extra track and two extra holes on the PCB it could allow both configurations half and full size for the XO.

P.S.: Messy board, still didn't clean the flux :)