Author Topic: Dongle parts backordered at Mouser  (Read 19035 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
Re: Dongle parts backordered at Mouser
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have 2 parts backordered at Mouser, the MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter and the 512-FQP27P06 MOSFET.  Both show ship dates in July.  I have searched unsuccessfully at Jameco, Digikey, Allied and Newark for these parts.  Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter  or DigiKey 811-1566-5-ND.  DigiKey shows ship date of 6/28/10.  If you need this sooner and can not wait ( beleive me I know the feeling of wanting to get it done asap, like a kid waiting to open a christmas present) I can send you the spare I have.  Just send me the one you get back in July. PM your address and I will ship it out.

For the Mosfet,  RJ stated in this post " You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login " that part 512-FQP11P06 would work and Mouser has 316 in stock.

Freebird

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, by Freebird »
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline BigGunFish

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, »
I ordered two of MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter from mouser as well and they keep moving the delivery date back. I ordered two of these (part No. 213313) from Jameco, the data sheets look the same as the MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter.  If someone could confirm that this part can replace the original converter it would give us another option until mouser can get the others in.
Here's a link to the Jemaco part.

Stephen

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, »

MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter  or DigiKey 811-1566-5-ND.  DigiKey shows ship date of 6/28/10.  If you need this sooner and can not wait ( beleive me I know the feeling of wanting to get it done asap, like a kid waiting to open a christmas present) I can send you the spare I have.  Just send me the one you get back in July. PM your address and I will ship it out.

For the Mosfet,  RJ stated in this post " You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login " that part 512-FQP11P06 would work and Mouser has 316 in stock.

I spoke with Mouser today and changed the Mosfet part number.  While doing this I realized that I actually have another part on backorder, the 291-470-RC carbon film resistors.  They are supposed to be in stock on 6/16 so I guess I can wait another week...

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, »
I have a few of the 291-470-RC resistors if you need them now, same thing, when yours come in ship them back, PM your address and how many you need,

Bill

Offline richardb

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, »
Has anyone been able to source the entire BOM from a single supplier without backorders?

Offline BigGunFish

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, »
I purchased all the stuff Mouser had and then purchased the rest through Jameco, if you read through the thread you'll find equivalent component replacements for just about everything that is back ordered at Mouser. But the answer to your question is more than likely no. mouser is the biggest supplier of electronic parts. Jameco, Allied and Newark are other companies that you can find the components at but they stock less than Mouser does.

Stephen

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, »
Kind of looked around and did not see this directly mentioned....is there a replacement part number for the....Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 25V 100uF 20%

I want to get my order in to Mouser and that part is holding me up.  Will the recommended replacement part on the site work?   140-REA101M1EBK0611P

Thanks
Chris

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, »
DigiKey has a smilar of these available...  All sizes and numbers match...  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2010, »
Hey guys, I have read this thread several times. I see at Jameco availability of the DC/DC converter. However, can someone confirm if this is a replacement for the mosfet:

Thanks.
I have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do you?
LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek
~ Christmas is not a time, it's a state of mind ~

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2010, »
Just an FYI.  If you're looking for the MOSFET, DigiKey has over 500 in stock.

Alan T

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2010, »
Gotcha and got IT!
I have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do you?
LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek
~ Christmas is not a time, it's a state of mind ~

Offline richardb

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2010, »
If anyone is waiting on complete availability from one company, keep on waiting...
But if you don't mind doing 2 orders, Mouser has all but 3 in stock, and the 1 that isn't available from DigiKey will ship in 14 days.
So,
1 order from Mouser, with the XTAL on 14 day backorder,
and
1 order from Digi-Key with the "Exact" parts (DC/DC and FET) shipping now..

Best I have seen on parts in a while... Jump while you can...

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2010, »
If anyone is waiting on complete availability from one company, keep on waiting...
But if you don't mind doing 2 orders, Mouser has all but 3 in stock, and the 1 that isn't available from DigiKey will ship in 14 days.
So,
1 order from Mouser, with the XTAL on 14 day backorder,
and
1 order from Digi-Key with the "Exact" parts (DC/DC and FET) shipping now..

Best I have seen on parts in a while... Jump while you can...

Whats the digi-key part number for the Oscillators 40MHz 5V.   The only one I find is has a 1000 Min order?
Chris

Offline jandelee

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2010, »
I just finished ordering everything for the Dongle from Mouser except for the MOSFET 512-FQP27P06.  I started with the Mouser BOM from the wiki, and made the following substitutions in order to get in-stock parts:
815-ACH-40-EK -> 520-TCH4000-X
580-MER1S0505SC -> 580-NMR100C

Since parts inventory varies daily, YMMV.

I ordered MOSFET FQP27P06 from DigiKey (in stock) to complete the order.

Offline packetbob

• zappedmyself.com
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, »
Mouser just shipped the back ordered parts (including mosfet & dc converter) that I ordered on May 17th...
Hopefully others will be gettiung theirs soon...
Checking Mouser stock through the online BOM it looks like the have the DC comnvertor in stock but the mosfet is again backordered till end of August..

Bob
zappedmyself.com