Author Topic: MOUSER PARTS out of reach !  (Read 1073 times)

Offline jamescata

MOUSER PARTS out of reach !
« on: November 12, 2009, »
Hey Guys,

I do have a problem, I can't buy from MOUSER parts. I went to buy the 16 resistors needed for the 240v conversion
The shipping for 16 resistors came to 50Euros !!! That's $74.75 , the price of the coop LE. :(  $3 for parts $75 for shipping a baggie.

Can we do a small coop for 240v LE's ? I am planning for Xmas 2010, next year. As you see they need to be full kits or parts will just be too expensive with the shipping, costing double per unit at least.

James

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Re: MOUSER PARTS out of reach !
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, »
James, don't you have a small electronics shop on Malta?  Those resistors are just a "dime a dozen."  You should be able to source them locally.  Just take the specs "330 ohm 1/4 Watt Axial Leaded Carbon Film Resistor 5%" to your local guy... if he's worth his salt he'll know exactly what you need and have them.

And I'm sure early in 2010 there will be a Complete Kit (PCB, parts and heatsink) coop for the LE.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline jamescata

Re: MOUSER PARTS out of reach !
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
James, don't you have a small electronics shop on Malta?  Those resistors are just a "dime a dozen."  You should be able to source them locally.  Just take the specs "330 ohm 1/4 Watt Axial Leaded Carbon Film Resistor 5%" to your local guy... if he's worth his salt he'll know exactly what you need and have them.

And I'm sure early in 2010 there will be a Complete Kit (PCB, parts and heatsink) coop for the LE.

John

I sent the list to our biggest electronics store, they cater for mass scale electronics. 330ohm 1/4 Watt resistors, "YES", Axial Leaded Carbon Film Resistor 5% got a strange look :S and an "mmmmmm"

James

--------------------------- UPDATE: Found a teeny corner store which had them and he knew what I was talking about... WOO HOO!!, I'm on my 240 way.. Can't Wait for the next coop.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, by jamescata »