Author Topic: ssr4 jumpers.  (Read 1693 times)

Offline DonM

ssr4 jumpers.
« on: November 15, 2009, »
How do the jumpers need to be to program and use the ssr4 with dmx and using the dongle?
I understand the term jumper but I am confused with the control/ssr and the ssr jumper and how they should be while programming and using..
I am also trying to program the starting channel but not sure if they are set correct or if I am having problems.
I get no response from vixen in test mode on any channel so I am not sure what is wrong.

Any help would be great.

Don.
Don

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Re: ssr4 jumpers.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, »
Don, for the SSR4+DMX,

1)  The C_S jumper should be on the "C" side; you're using it as a Controller, not as a simple SSR4 hooked up to a Freestyle or other controller.  There is no need to change it once it's set on the "C" side.

2)  The two-pin "S" jumper should be left off, or on one pin only for Controller operation.  The "S" is printed on the board just above this two-pin header.

3)  To program your start channel, the Operate_Program jumper should connect the middle and right "Program" pins.  Otherwise, it should connect the middle and "Operate" pins.

Scroll down to the "Programming and Operation of the SSR4" section of the Manual for more information here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Since others have had this issue too (including me!), where did you get your SSR4 PIC... coop or...?  Perhaps your PIC isn't programmed. 

Hope this helps,

John

Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline DonM

Re: ssr4 jumpers.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, »
Got the PIC from Mouser. Then sent to Todd(member) to program. I will try again later today..
Thanks for the input.
Don.
Don