Author Topic: Lowes limited supply of post season XMAS Lights?  (Read 936 times)

Offline rogerwh

Just thought I would pass this along as I ahve talked to managers at two different stores who have indicated that they are not "re-stocking" their Christmas stuff as it sells out.  Both said the company got stuck with a lot of merchandise at 75% off last year.

I was looking to replace my Icicle lights with the GE LED lights (the cheaper set) that Lowe's now has for $8.97.  Sold out in several stores in North Fl/So Ga.

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Re: Lowes limited supply of post season XMAS Lights?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, »
I've noticed in general all the stores seem to have stocked a lot fewer lights this year.  The Hobby Lobby's in my area are pretty much out of regular minis at this point and don't plan on getting any more.  They didn't get near as many as last year either.  The Home Depot I checked was very low in stock for all lights as well.  Walmart still has a few, but I don't think they put out nearly as much as last year either.

Ron

Offline deplanche

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, »
I noticed that too.  No one seemed to have much of a stock of Halloween or Xmas decorations.  My guess is they know that the economy is still not doing well, and people aren't looking to buy that stuff as much as they used to.  Not good for those of us looking for the 50% off sales.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, »
I've also noticed what I call pitiful stock of lights and stuff.  I bought 64 boxes of new LED C3s 50 bulbs from HD using the $3 off coupon and am replacing 32 strings of minis on my mega tree.   They had a 3 yr written warranty in the box, the colors are nice and bright.  At 50% off they would have been $1 cheaper assuming they still had them, but in the meantime I get to use them for this years display.  Now the only quantity of minis left for me are in my mini trees and arches.  Eventually I will go all LED on those as well.  I don't understand the Lowes comments, they marked there lights and other stuff to 50% off way before Christmas and at the 3 stores I checked, they were basically sold out before Christmas.  The dept manager I spoke with said that they won't go to 50% off this year until after Christmas per instructions from Corporate.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA