Author Topic: object referenceerror running scheduler with a program with more then 1 sequence  (Read 2616 times)

Offline gjbankos

Today is go-live and I am on 2.5.05  I am getting the following error when I try to run the schedule with a program that has more then 1 sequence in it, I get the following error:

(router)
an output plugin caused the following exception:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Execution has been stopped.

A program that has any 1 of my sequences works just fine, but as soon as I put another sequence in, error message.

Anyone else getting this?

I searched vixen's bugzilla website and saw this, but I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Try this

In program management make sure that you have 0 seconds of cross fade

Offline gjbankos

I did.  I downloaded the most current build on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and it seemed to have fixed it.  Whew.  Thanks for your attention!  Merry xmas

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Good to hear you're fixed!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Yeah I have held off of upgrading to the newer version after hearing some stories of issues.

Glad you got her going!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gjbankos

RJ and everyone who is many times wiser than me,
This is my first year as  a DIYer and I can't thank all of you enough for your wisdom.  I was nervous as heck doing this, since I'm a blue-collar-want-to-be, and everything worked well.  I have 1 problem on 1 channel on my express (I think the chip was put in backwards on my 1 channel - LED works, but no blinky) that I will look at after the holidays. 

You all make this world a better place.

Merry XMAS! 

Offline gjbankos

as far as the newer version, that is the only problem I had with it.  This is my first year with vixen, so I have no point of reference, though.  I am also a small-blinky guy - 32 channels.  16 LOR channels and 16 LE channels.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
RJ and everyone who is many times wiser than me,
This is my first year as  a DIYer and I can't thank all of you enough for your wisdom.  I was nervous as heck doing this, since I'm a blue-collar-want-to-be, and everything worked well.  I have 1 problem on 1 channel on my express (I think the chip was put in backwards on my 1 channel - LED works, but no blinky) that I will look at after the holidays.  

You all make this world a better place.

Merry XMAS!  

Well thanks!  

There are a lot of good people on here that without them helping members I would never be able to manage it.

I am glad it is going well for you. I would look for a bad solder joint on the opto chip and triac on that channel since you have led so you are getting the trigger signal. It has to be on of those items either solder or part problem. You could look to see a reversed chip with out dissassemly and fix is thats it.

RJ
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, by RJ »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gjbankos

Yeah, I figured it would be either a bad solder or I put the chip in wrong.  I'll take 1 solder error in an LE and a dongle for the first time doing anything near this.

Again, thanks RJ.  Looking forward to seeing your "director" hardware next year.

Offline gjbankos

An update for anyone who might stumble on this - the scheduler program seems to only want to run my first sequence.  I have to open my program and save it (no changes made) for the scheduler to run all 4 of my sequences.

Offline OkieJay

An update for anyone who might stumble on this - the scheduler program seems to only want to run my first sequence.  I have to open my program and save it (no changes made) for the scheduler to run all 4 of my sequences.

I was having the same problem until I went into Programs / Manage and set the "seconds of cross fade between sequences" to zero.  That fixed it for me.  

Thank You wbuehler
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, by OkieJay »

Offline gjbankos

Yeah, I double checked that at lunch today and mine is set to 0.  I'm at work now, so I can't see the vixen screen, but there are choices on the bottom of the programs window as to how you want to handle your add-in's and profiles.  How do you have yours set?  I am set to the bottom option - the one that says use each sequence's info.

Offline OkieJay

I only have one plugin.  I removed the Visualizer plugin from my "display" PC.  That seemed to help.