Author Topic: Error trying to open a specific sequence.  (Read 5164 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Error trying to open a specific sequence.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, »
Awesome work guys.  Nice save Rob!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, »
Hey, no worries... that's what we are here for.  Glad I could offer help.

Offline zwiller

Re: SOLVED! Error trying to open a specific sequence.
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, »
I have this kind of effect on computers.  Man, I feel like I've swallowed to red pill and when I look at a computer all is see is the matrix...  xml code, cool stuff.  And I thought java was scary...

Tinned my cords last night and I am almost out of what I thought at one time was a lifetime supply of solder.  Time to go pro and pick up a pounder.

While we're at it:  Can you pros offer some advice on profile usage.  I still can't wrap my mind around the theory.  (red pill not fully dissolved, ate something first) 

When changing things up, I generally create a new profile from an old one 1st and later attach it to the sequence I want.  Nothing else.  I am doing this wrong?  I still don't understand "flattening" the sequence, etc.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, »
Profiles gave me heartburn too for a little while..  But .. I finally figured it out  (still having some problems but usually it is because I created my own black hole)..    The way I finally made sense out of it is to picture a sequence as the scene that you see through a very large hole in the wall.  It has all the pretties and flow  but minimal boundries...   add the window frame  that provides the boundries for that view.   The pretties are still there but now the view of them are contained within the frame.    That frame can be saved and used over and over and over.   and If you make a change to that frame.....    it will affect every picture (sequence) that you look at.   

Now flattening the profile.....  just means that the frame for that particular picture is no longer independent of the scene.... is now an immediate part of the scene....     changes to the "independent profile" will no longer affect this "flattened" sequence.   

I know.....  I've made the situation as clear as mudpie...  and not as sweet.

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: SOLVED! Error trying to open a specific sequence.
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have this kind of effect on computers.  Man, I feel like I've swallowed to red pill and when I look at a computer all is see is the matrix...  xml code, cool stuff.  And I thought java was scary...

Tinned my cords last night and I am almost out of what I thought at one time was a lifetime supply of solder.  Time to go pro and pick up a pounder.

While we're at it:  Can you pros offer some advice on profile usage.  I still can't wrap my mind around the theory.  (red pill not fully dissolved, ate something first)  

When changing things up, I generally create a new profile from an old one 1st and later attach it to the sequence I want.  Nothing else.  I am doing this wrong?  I still don't understand "flattening" the sequence, etc.

I think (first bad sign - rrowan thinking {I can hear Keith laughing now}), you are talking about changing channel order. Go to the menu profile, manage, select your profile that you want to change and click on the equal looking sign button. Go down the channel order drop down (see first picture) and then click on define new order. Another screen opens up listing your channels. Select one and either move it up or down, continue doing that until you are happy and click on OK, now you are back to the edit profile screen. Make sure you click on the first icon to the right of the channel order drop down to save your new order.

Flattening -
When editing your sequence normally you have a adjustable preview select and possible enttec pro on the output plugins (or more of them).
For the SHOW you don't want all of that extra info in there slowing things down or even causing some errors and stopping the show.

So once your sequence is ready, you need to flatten it out to remove the extra info. In the program manager where the show runs you create a program (ie: Show-2009) and then attach your sequences in the order you like (some like to have one big sequence and just use that) at the bottom section of the program screen you will see options to use a profile, a program plugin setup, or the sequence plugin.

You should use the program plugin setup. Click the plugin setup button below and select the enttec pro usb and set the com port and 115200 for the baud rate.

I normally have a edit sequence computer and a show computer so the setup is simple for me.

Hope that is clear and not as clear as mud :( :)

Cheers

Rick R.

Oh well, Moose beat me to the mud pie :D
Guess 4 legs are faster than two :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, »
My name is mud (as les claypool says) 

I think I am getting this, but that change channel button still scares me.  But I'll backup and go fer it. 

Now that I think I have this I am kind of laughing because when I changed channels before I went to the adjustable preview and moved the channels manually by redrawing the stuff.  Heck, several times I tried to cut and paste an entire channel from the sequence to another.  It's making sense now.     

Thanks all for helping me out!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

Since Rick is helping someone, I'll keep my laughter for the louder sequences, where it'll be covered up...

Insert Wizards <smirk> Winter <giggle>...

(Don't even try Silent Night...)

;D

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues