Author Topic: List of Light Curves with Pictures  (Read 3738 times)

Offline basis21b

Re: List of Light Curves with Pictures
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, »
You could purchase the lights, send samples to RJ and he will create the programming for the dimming curves.
Tom B

Offline deweycooter

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, »
Year might be an important piece of info too - seeing all the different bulb bases, string length differences among the same mfg, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed suppliers frequently.

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, »
I was hoping the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (List of Light Curves) with photo would be a great place to figure out what I need to do.  Unfortunately, it has not been updated with many photo's.

So, my questions are:

Are the WALMART_MINI_100CT the same as the Holiday Time Mini Light 100 count that Walmart sells the same thing and if so are is the curve the same for all the colors of this brand?
Are the HOLIDAY_LIVING_MINI_100CT - LOWES curve the same for all colors of these sets?
Are the GE_MERRY_MIDGET_MINI_100_CT light curves the same for all colors of these sets?
Art the MINI_HOLIDAYTIME_RED_60CT the same for the HOLIDAY TIME LED's 5MM Wide Angle LED Lights (The picture in the WiKi does not match my 5mm wide angle ones)?

The feature for programming the light curves is great and I was hoping the WiKi page would be more helpful.  I am very hesitant to program the LE with the limited information on the WiKi.

Any help would be great.  I'm holding off until I can get some clarification.
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was hoping the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (List of Light Curves) with photo would be a great place to figure out what I need to do.  Unfortunately, it has not been updated with many photo's.

So, my questions are:

Are the WALMART_MINI_100CT the same as the Holiday Time Mini Light 100 count that Walmart sells the same thing and if so are is the curve the same for all the colors of this brand?
Are the HOLIDAY_LIVING_MINI_100CT - LOWES curve the same for all colors of these sets?
Are the GE_MERRY_MIDGET_MINI_100_CT light curves the same for all colors of these sets?
Art the MINI_HOLIDAYTIME_RED_60CT the same for the HOLIDAY TIME LED's 5MM Wide Angle LED Lights (The picture in the WiKi does not match my 5mm wide angle ones)?

The feature for programming the light curves is great and I was hoping the WiKi page would be more helpful.  I am very hesitant to program the LE with the limited information on the WiKi.

Any help would be great.  I'm holding off until I can get some clarification.

Yes, incandesent lights of the same set type use the same curve no matter the color.  As the only difference is the coloring applied to the glass.
But this is only true for incandescent.  LED's will always be different for different colors.

I can not speak for the other two questions.  You could set a curve up for one of the WalMart strings and give it a few test dims and see how it goes.  If you do not like what you see you can always set the curve back to default or try another curve.

Bill

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, »
Question: Is the default lighting curve for the LE ... is it the incandescent lighting curve by default?

I guess I'm wondering if I need to program each LE for incan. mini lights or thats pretty much covered as the default?

I don't have many LED(s) to worry about, so then I wonder if I need to worry about the lighting curves at all, since most
of my lights are incan. minis from walmart or lowes from 2008,2009 and 2010.

ALso, would it eventually be possible to make the LE software work with a pixelnet flashed dongle?  Currently, it works only with a regular DMX dongle firmware and you have to pull chips and re-flash each time to do that each time, or have multiple dongles.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, »
Question: Is the default lighting curve for the LE ... is it the incandescent lighting curve by default?

I guess I'm wondering if I need to program each LE for incan. mini lights or thats pretty much covered as the default?

I don't have many LED(s) to worry about, so then I wonder if I need to worry about the lighting curves at all, since most
of my lights are incan. minis from walmart or lowes from 2008,2009 and 2010.

ALso, would it eventually be possible to make the LE software work with a pixelnet flashed dongle?  Currently, it works only with a regular DMX dongle firmware and you have to pull chips and re-flash each time to do that each time, or have multiple dongles.

You might just be able to use the default built in curve since mot of what you have is incan's.  Attach a few to your LE and give the dimming a try, the default curve is something that RJ created.  So I do not know what it was based off of.

Most of use use multiple dongles in order to switch between the two.  Only RJ knows if the software will be updated to work with pixelnet, if it does get updated you will still need a pixelnet hub in order to get the DMX data from the stream to feed the LE as the LE does not speak pixelnet.

Bill

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, »
Bill, thanks.  I was hoping the color on the incandescent didn't make any difference because of the color on the glass being the only difference.

I have 7 sets of Ecosmart LED ice cycle lights 100 Ct and they are warm white  I accidentally bought a set with both blue and white on the same set instead of all warm white.  I unscrewed one of the blue and white, both have the exact same LED with the only difference being the shroud color (BLUE OR CLEAR). 

So, I'm thinking to myself; self, if there is a curve for LED 100 ct white, could I use that curve for my LED 100 ct Ecosmart.  I'm thinking...would I be wrong in thinking what I'm thinking  :o

I'd sure like to know if those LED MINI_HOLIDAYTIME_RED_60CT pictured on the WiKi are the same for the HOLIDAY TIME LED's 5MM Wide Angle LED Lights I have.  My box has the exact same specs as the one on the WiKi.  The closer I look at those pictures on the WiKi, they may say LED, but the front picture sure looks like an incandescent (STRANGE).  This is driving me nuts.

So many questions to figure this all out. 
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, »
The only way to know for sure would be to plug in some strings and give it a try.
Programming a curve into an LE can always be undone and brought back to a default curve if you wish.

Bill