Author Topic: Lynx Express random flashing?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Kadys dad

• Christmas with Kate
Lynx Express random flashing?
« on: December 01, 2009, »
I just got everything up and running and noticed that my LE's are randomly flashing, wether in a sequence or test channel mode on constant.  I am running a Dell 1200 laptop with a entec pro running wired.  I have 3 LE's, 4 lynx's and 2 Mr-16's.  Only the LE's are acting up.  They are Ver.4,  any ideas?

It also occured to me to run the test on the LE's and they came up good showing the DMX light.  Its weird, the DMX comes to a LE then out to another LE paired with a Lynx and then the 2nd DMX output goes to a Lynx then MR-16 then Lynx and finally to another LE/Lynx pair (mega tree)?  It don't make no sense........
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, by Kadys dad »
And on the 8th day, God made Christmas Lights

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Lynx Express random flashing?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, »
You are not alone, I also get some random flashing on two of eight LEs.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Kadys dad

• Christmas with Kate
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, »
I wonder, these were ver. 3 kits and I got ver. 4 boards to eliminate all the extra soldering. Is there a difference between the software and could it be causing the issues.  I shut down the computer for the night and checked everything, with no DMX signal going to the units I have no flashing.....   I wonder if I have noise getting on the DMX that only seems to affect the LE's?  I routed the cables away from the power cables as well just with that in mind.   Man this is aggravating.......
And on the 8th day, God made Christmas Lights

Offline memphislights

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, »
see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Try hitting all of your triacs again with a little more heat.
It's not about more, it's about enough.