Author Topic: Does LE support LED Dimming?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline gndn

Does LE support LED Dimming?
« on: December 04, 2009, »
I've been looking for awhile now and still haven't quite found the info I'm looking for yet.  Since there's a few questions it might be better for me to list them:

1) Do the LE controllers support dimming on LEDs?  I had always assumed that LEDs were either on or off and did not work well when dimmed. 
2) If LE does support dimming LED's what kinds of things are good to know, like is there a different method for dimming them?
3) Can you have LEDs and incandescent on the same controller?
4) Can you string LEDs and incandescent on the same channel?

Thanks,
~Dennis

Offline knguyen916

Re: Does LE support LED Dimming?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been looking for awhile now and still haven't quite found the info I'm looking for yet.  Since there's a few questions it might be better for me to list them:

1) Do the LE controllers support dimming on LEDs?  I had always assumed that LEDs were either on or off and did not work well when dimmed. 
2) If LE does support dimming LED's what kinds of things are good to know, like is there a different method for dimming them?
3) Can you have LEDs and incandescent on the same controller?
4) Can you string LEDs and incandescent on the same channel?

Thanks,
~Dennis

1. Yes
2. Half waves have a slight flicker (however the LNT - Light Normalizing Technology - curve offsets that a bit), Full waves do not flicker
3. Yes, doing that to mine right now
4. Yes, however the dimming will be different for the two.

Offline gndn

Re: Does LE support LED Dimming?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, »
Thanks knguyen916, that helps a lot.  Also, do you know where I could find some information on the LNT?  I'm not quite sure what half waves and full waves are.

Edit:
Never mind, some quick Google searches and I found my answers :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, by gndn »