Author Topic: Vixen 2.1.1.0 Help  (Read 1091 times)

Offline rubel864

Vixen 2.1.1.0 Help
« on: November 08, 2022, »
I did light shows from 2014 thru 2017 using LSP software. In 2018 my computer was hacked and I lost my LSP software. I have Lynx Express controllers and Lynx either dongle hardware.  I want to try and get a simple show together using this hardware. I have downloaded the Vixen 2.1.1.0 software and tried to work things out setting it up. First problem is with PLUG IN. I have tried several of the listed options but keep getting port or com errors. Would anyone out there be willing to give me a hand setting this thing up? I know it is old school but the people in my neighborhood don't care, they just want lights flashing and music playing. Thanks Jim

Offline Caliente Christmas

Re: Vixen 2.1.1.0 Help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, »
Please do look into Xlight, i was trying to use Vixen, and had so many issues.

I did as you have and took out my items and I was able to get my Lynx Express active. Of course there is a Learning Curve
Here is a good start, in the program you will be using the option to use AC token
here is a good website  for other info that is look for Xlight and AC channels. AC channel the new term.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
my Xlight setting are
under the tab controller
Create a USB/ then edit the port and the protocol to DMX enter your channel count

Offline rubel864

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, »
Thank you for the advice. Will give it a shot.

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, »
Here was first video that really help me out

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rubel864

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, »
I really appreciate your help. Thanks much!

Offline rubel864

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, »
I have downloaded XLights and have watched the videos you suggested.  I used the candy cane model to set up my layout.  I have one question for you. What plug in controller do I use. My Lynx Express controllers are not listed.

Thank You for your time and knowledge
Jim

Offline kbowen

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, »
Great question! I am trying to use Vixen and keep getting access to the port comm 1 is denied. Execution has been stopped. The serial shows up in device manager as well as the usb serial converter.

I've tried to get a grip on x lights but am use to using Vixen. It's been a few years.

I don't mind trying x lights but am also not sure how to set up the lynx version 1 usb dongle and the lynx express 16 channel.

Is there a group everyone has moved to or is the hardware supported anymore?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, »
There is no ability or need to set up the LE in Xlights.  As for the DMX dongle, just set up a serial controller in XLights and it will create a DMX serial controller.  You mat need to identify the serial USB port the dongle is on and set it in the config.  As for the group that most have moved to, try Falcon Christmas.  Quite a few of us are there since many have moved fully to pixels and that is the home of FPP which is a killer show player.  Some of us over there still use our DLA equipment like the LE so there is still help to be found. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, by tbone321 »
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving