Author Topic: random flashing with wireless only  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Walter

random flashing with wireless only
« on: December 06, 2009, »
When I use  the wireless I get random flashing on all my controlers both LOR and the DIY.  BUt when it hardwired I dont have the problem for flashing. I have tried changing the jumpers on the wireless but no luck.   
Walter

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Re: random flashing with wireless only
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When I use  the wireless I get random flashing on all my controlers both LOR and the DIY.  BUt when it hardwired I dont have the problem for flashing. I have tried changing the jumpers on the wireless but no luck.   

This sounds like what I've been getting when I'm not getting a good wireless signal between TX and RX - something in the way, not oriented right, etc.

I had my TX inside my garage with an LE about 100 ft out working great. I went into the house and a little while later noticed it not working. I went to the garage and turned around and it was working great!

I found out that I would close the metal door with about six inches left and saw the signal degrade (spuratic operation) then upon closing the door, it went away completely - no more blinky from that LE. BTW, the other five were working great as they were not trying to transmit thru metal!

Also, I have found that you should power on the LEs with the TX off. The last thing to do is power on the TX. When powering down, kill the TX first, then power down the LEs. This sequence seems to work best.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline ron d

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, »
I had some flashes with wall washers when using the wireless and when I put the dmx terminator on the end it solved the problem. Would the le work the same way? I have not seen or read anything about terminating the le so I guess its already on board just a thought.

Offline deweycooter

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, »
I see this as well - only with the wireless LE units.  None of the hardwired units.  I'll try the termination tonight.

Offline deweycooter

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, »
I checked one of my problem boards - it was already terminated.  ??