Author Topic: Vixen - Sequence error - all work might be lost.  (Read 2776 times)

Offline gwright13

Any help?

Ok I  have been working on this file for over a week and was all set to fire it up Saturday and Vixen start and file wont open.

Got vixen back up and running, but now can not open my sequence, if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

Offline memphislights

Re: Vixen - Sequence error - all work might be lost.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, »
Try PMing aERonAUtical96.  I believe that he helped someone last week recover a vix file.

Also, it would help to know what version of Vixen you are running.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Any help?

Ok I  have been working on this file for over a week and was all set to fire it up Saturday and Vixen start and file wont open.

Got vixen back up and running, but now can not open my sequence, if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

following aERonAUtical96 information below You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here you go. Dunno about the "==", but I just kept deleting from the end of the <EventValues> since it was filled with "AAA" until it matched the 64 byte it needed to be. If your channels had names on them provide me with a work sequence and i'll reupdate your channels on the vix file. Anyhow the problem was the <channels> tag was missing and all 512 channels were not showing so I just used the <channels> <channels/> section from a blank vix file i created and included it in yours. Also you were missing the closing of the <EventValues> tag and a few others at the bottom
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, by knguyen916 »

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, »
fyi - I now know what aERonAUtical96 was talking about when he mentioned the "=" when taking some screenshots.

Anyhow, also wanted to let you know that your corrupted file also contained a lot of blank spaces at the end of the file which means that the software set up all those blank spaces for codes from vixen, but it seems the save got screwed up at some point and left out a lot of data. I hope I was able to recover everything. If not sorry.

Screenshot 1:
Shows a comparison between your corrupted file to a good file. Notice that your file doesn't have the openning tag of <channels> and of course all your 512 listed channels.

Screenshot 2:
Shows a comparison between your corrupted file to a good file. Notice at the end of your file there are no closing tags and it is showing a lot of blank spaces, while the good file has all the closing tags and no additional spaces afterwards.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, »
Good job.

Like I said, the "=" is the base64 deliminator/terminator.  I should have grabbed a screenshot.  But I'm glad someone was able to solve the issue.

So this is the 2nd time we've seen this.  What versions of Vixen have we seen this?  I haven't gone out to the vixen bugzilla to see if others are experiencing the same problem.  Maybe I'll take a peek today if I can't get some time.

Offline gwright13

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, »
Thank you for the help!

When I try to open this secuence here is the error that I get

I have attached a screen shot to illustraite

Offline gwright13

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, »
Some more information to help T/S

I seem to get this error when I attempt to edit the profile for channel order and naming.  I really think it happens when I try to remove channel 9 (damaged) or reorder them.

I am using 2.5.0.8

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, »
Make sure you don't have any sequences open that use that profile when you try to edit the profile. 

I've been using 2.5.0.8 for some time and have reordered and renamed (no remove) with no problems as long as I close my sequences first.

Maybe that will help.

Offline gwright13

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, »
Are you able to open the file that was labeled as fixed above?

just curious

Gary

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, »
Ahhh I wasnt' able to open it in 2.5, but was in 2.1.  So it needs to be converted from 2.1 to 2.5.

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, »
I was working with the file in 2.1, sorry forgot to mention that.

Offline gwright13

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, »
how do you convert from 2.1 to 2.5

Offline memphislights

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, »
I think that there is a prepare.exe in the Vixen folder.  Backup your sequences and profiles manually first even if it says that it will make a backup for you.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, »
I think that there is a prepare.exe in the Vixen folder.  Backup your sequences and profiles manually first even if it says that it will make a backup for you.

I believe this is the correct prepare.exe for the 2.1 to 2.5 conversion.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required