Author Topic: Can someone point me to some details on the 4th output port splitter issue?  (Read 4659 times)

Offline OkieJay

I THINK I have looked at every thread in the Splitter and Troubleshooting sections as well as doing searches.  I have found mention of the issue but no details. 

Thanks,
Jay

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Jay,

Its suggested not to use all 4 ports. I believe the on-board transformer is not large enough to handle the current required. Ver 2 of the splitter now only has 3 ports on it. It can cause flickering and in some cases a ssr4-dmx not to work. I think it was talked about in the ssr4 forum last year.

The above info is just from memory and I might be wrong about the current and transformer.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline blickensderfer

• Administrator
Jay,

Check out the wiki..  It has the fix for the spliter in the manual.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
My Splitter has no version number; just Robert Jordan {c}2008.

Is this Version 1?

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline blickensderfer

• Administrator
John,

I believe it is..  Mine doesn't have a version number and I got mine in the very first coop.  I had to put the jumper in for the 4th output and it worked like a charm.

Dan

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Thanks for bringing this up. Reminded me that I needed to address this issue and now, hopefully, I have the fix.  :)
Leon