Author Topic: Greatest Christmas Decoration Ever!  (Read 1543 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Greatest Christmas Decoration Ever!
« on: December 10, 2009, »
Hi Folks,

Thought I would pass this along to the group.

"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.

Two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize he was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was only one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Re: Greatest Christmas Decoration Ever!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, »
Nice one Rick!

...and then there's always the famous sequencing master (and my idol) Richard Holdman:

I'm sure he's a PhotoShop wizard too hehe.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline softshelpro

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, »
These are grait, I love it.
There are two types of people in this world, those who are Dorks and those who are in denial.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, »
Really???  I don't see the point in it?  Why would someone put up a 'decoration' that serves no purpose but to scare the heck out of people, especially on Christmas?  Don't get me wrong, I can see some of the humor in it but when you make it that real looking and life threatening, it pretty much removes the humor from it. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Really???  I don't see the point in it?  Why would someone put up a 'decoration' that serves no purpose but to scare the heck out of people, especially on Christmas?  Don't get me wrong, I can see some of the humor in it but when you make it that real looking and life threatening, it pretty much removes the humor from it. 

Dude! you're taking our hobby WAY too seriously.

What's wrong with having a little fun with viewers?? I'm pretty sure most people would recognize it for the prank it is, and laugh at it.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, »
LOL, it's not a matter of taking the hobby way to seriously.  Why exactly was the "decoration" removed?  What if it caused an accident or that woman who reset the ladder and climed up to rescue the "decoration" was seriously injured in the process?  Would it really be all that funny then?  From your own description it appears that most people DID NOT recognize it as a joke or a prank.  Now if you made the guy look less realistic or had his pants falling off with Merry Christmas written on the back of his underwear then most people would probably see it as a prank after the inital shock and laugh.  Face it dude, that looked real and if all people did was look at it and laugh, then this country is in real bad shape.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving