Author Topic: using already written sequences  (Read 3954 times)

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
using already written sequences
« on: December 09, 2009, »
how does one use a sequence written b y someone else?  i plan on writing my own next year, but this year has been a learning curve and that hasn't happened.  i know how to get the file and run it, but everones layout is different.  do you import your own channel list and use it?  how do you assign your own channels for a given output?
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: using already written sequences
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, »
Open up their sequence and create your own blank sequence.

Go to their seq and copy a section (select area and click edit menu and then copy or control-c)
or whole channel (right click on channel number you like and select copy full channel events to clipboard)

then switch over to your sequence (Windows menu)

go to the channel you want and paste it in (control-v or right click channel number and paste full channel events from clipboard)

Start with like items (ie: leaping arches, roof outline, trees, etc)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, »
that does help.  thanks
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline BrianO

• Worst thing about moving....you have to reprogram!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, »
I am running into the same kind of issue.  I am running out of time.  Did you find someone else's sequence and song they were willing to share?  if so, Where?  I am getting a little panicked myself.  Scaring myself about trying to get programming done on top of build.  and I have three more boards to build this week alone!!  let alone getting all the lights up.

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, »
tony palombo was kind to post his.

I can post mine when I get the chance.

I am running into the same kind of issue.  I am running out of time.  Did you find someone else's sequence and song they were willing to share?  if so, Where?  I am getting a little panicked myself.  Scaring myself about trying to get programming done on top of build.  and I have three more boards to build this week alone!!  let alone getting all the lights up.

Offline BrianO

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, »
Outstanding!!  That would relieve a little stress from me.  I have to finish my build, string the lights, Had a photo shoot last week  I am still retouching for magazine model, and work graveyard this week, and days next week.  Anything else would be boring, I guess.  thanks.  I appreciate all the help the members here have given me...

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, »
You can also PM Rob [aERonAUtical96)... he may be able to provide some sequences.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, »
You might also look for LOR sequences and then use the lor2vix converter.  There are lots of sequences at

lor2vix is at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, »
Here is the best you will find as it pertains to using someone else's sequences.  If you are short on time, my suggestion would be to modify these to your specific setting.  These are Richard Holdman's sequences converted to Vixen 2.0/2.1.  Depending on # of colors you have, you can map an element in the sequence to an element in your setup and copy and paste. 

The audio files can be downloaded in the original zip file found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I hope this helps you and anyone else who may be short on time.  I have some more that I've collected over the past 2 years.  I can see if I can get them together.  But most were found on lorsequences.com.  Maybe 1 or 2 unique ones.

Best of luck.

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, »
Here is his 2008 sequences converted to 2.0/2.1.  2007 was on his house.  2008 was done along the side of a street at his parent's place.  Most of the same songs, just a different setup.

Offline BrianO

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, »
Thanks!  I appreciate you posting these.....I bit off a little too much this year I think....but I am pressing on.  Wife is mad that I come home from work in the morning, and disappear into the back room to work on my projects....Hopefully she'll be impressed and forgive me....

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, »
My wife was the same way that first year.  But once I showed her... she got excited and left me alone to do my work this year :)