Author Topic: 5v Voltage regulator and extreme temperatures (need suggestions)  (Read 5360 times)

Offline memphislights

RJ, is there a recommended replacement 3.3v VR for the v3/v4 boards?
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Mouser pn# 879-UPC2933BHFZ  is a part that will drop in and mouser has them. The price is good and will be the part that I recommend to be the replacement on your existing units or pcbs not built yet. I found issues with the other two posted replacements that concern me. One of them "LM3940T-3.3" if you have done the mod to get your unit running might burn up after you install it. This part will not. I am just know having a good chance to look at a recommendation.

I will be starting a new thread about getting them and easiest way to change them out.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

David_AVD

RJ, can you expand on the "might burn up after you install it" part please?  Enquiring minds want to know!  Thank you.  :)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
The input voltage is listed as 4.5 - 5.5 on it at digi key and if they modded it they would be shoving as much as 10v thourgh it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline OkieJay

RJ,
Even though this thread is labeled "5v Voltage regulator.." the actual issue is with the 3.3v voltage regulator, correct?
Jay

David_AVD

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The input voltage is listed as 4.5 - 5.5 on it at digi key and if they modded it they would be shoving as much as 10v though it.

Ah, I'd missed the post about modding the input to the 3.3V regulator. Now I know what you're getting at!