Author Topic: Corrupt HEX error  (Read 1499 times)

Offline bmsgaffer86

• Calculated Exposure
Corrupt HEX error
« on: December 14, 2009, »
Hey everyone.

I have just assembled my dongle, and that went very smoothly. Computer recognizes it and everything.

I am having troubles with the programming. I have You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login programmer. I have burned hundreds of PICS just fine, but I am running into trouble with the dongle hex file.

When I load the hex file, the programmer claims that it is corrupt. The checksum it is giving me is 6BDC. I assume, by the wiki, is supposed to be 0A6F. I have downloaded it several times from different places and havent gotten anything different. When I try to program it, despite the corrupt file, it gives me a validation error. By doing a little digging I have found that after the program ends, the hex file is filled with FFFF's and all my past programs have been blank after the program.

Sorry for LONG post, but I just wanted to give as many details as I could. Thanks for your help guys! (Esp. RJ and John! I received all my parts in excellent shape!)
Northern Kentucky
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: Corrupt HEX error
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, »
Just some simple questions.  Did you check to make sure that the programmer supports that pic.  Do you have the most current software for it?  That does look like a nice programmer.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline bmsgaffer86

• Calculated Exposure
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, »
Just some simple questions.  Did you check to make sure that the programmer supports that pic.  Do you have the most current software for it?  That does look like a nice programmer.

Yes, the 18F2450 is listed under supported chips. I do have the most current software.

:-/

Im pretty sure it is programming ok, but I'm not sure if the problem is with my programmers software or if the hex files are corrupt...

Can anyone double check the checksum, and let me know? If my checksum doesnt match, does anyone have a good hex file they can email me, or post elsewhere for downloading?

Northern Kentucky

Offline bmsgaffer86

• Calculated Exposure
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, »
OK. I take it all back. The programming I did, despite the corrupt error and verification error, works just fine.

I had a piece of scrap shorting out two of the pins, and now it works great... I will still be looking into the issue of why it says corrupt, but at least it programs it!

Thanks!
Northern Kentucky