Author Topic: Parts on Back order and dont know where to go to get them or replacements  (Read 2575 times)

Offline gwright13

Hello Friends

Well I am actually trying to get this one build for New Years Eve party so any suggestions would be great!

I have all my parts to build the MR 16 except.  I have checked the fourm for replacements and have checked all know websites for these 2 parts, does anyone here have any of these laying around I could buy from you?

Need 1

Mouser #:   595-TLC5940NT   
Mfr. #:   TLC5940NT
Desc.:   LED Drivers 4096 Step Grayscale LED Driver
RoHS:    RoHS Compliant

Need 1

Mouser #:   511-L7805ACV   
Mfr. #:   L7805ACV
Desc.:   Linear Regulators - Standard 5.0V 1.0A Positive
RoHS:    RoHS Compliant

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
Not to make you feel any worse, but I've had an order on backorder for qty 2 of the TLC5940 chips since September.  I think TI keeps pushing out the delivery date, and I get a notice from Mouser every month or so telling me they will ship the next month...and the next...
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Kwajtony

I have been looking for this for two months too.  If you find a source or alternate part let me know.
R,
Tony "C"

Offline austindave

I ordered a bunch of stuff last night. Couldn't find the LED driver (or a replacement) at either Mouser or Digikey. Since I'm not in a rush, I didn't worry about that one - Mouser seems to indicate that they're expecting receipt of some right after the first of the year.

For the 5V regulator, I ordered:

Mouser #:      511-L7805ABV
Mfr. #:    L7805ABV
Desc.:    Linear Regulators - Standard 5.0V 1.0A Positive

- what appears to be the same part with a different operating temperature range (if I remember correctly, -40 to +100C - vs. the original part's 0 - 150C or some such). With the recent LE problem with the 3.3v regulator's temp range, it seems really prudent to replace the original spec'd regulator (which should NEVER need to run over 100C) with one that is rated to go below 0C (of which Mouser has lots in stock).

I'd like to hear if you find the LED driver somewhere else...

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, by austindave »
Austin, Texas - "BubbaLand"

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
I'd like to hear if you find the LED driver somewhere else...
All the cupboards are bare, worldwide. Somebody must be building a lot of MR16s.

I checked on the TI web site and they're quoting a Jan. 11 backorder fulfillment date. Mouser, et al., should have them by February.

\dmc

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
I ordered a bunch of stuff last night. Couldn't find the LED driver (or a replacement) at either Mouser or Digikey. Since I'm not in a rush, I didn't worry about that one - Mouser seems to indicate that they're expecting receipt of some right after the first of the year.

Mouser has been saying they expect some Real Soon Now every month...till the next month rolls around.

Mark
Mark
Kernersville, NC