Author Topic: Windows Closer?  (Read 1687 times)

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
Windows Closer?
« on: December 19, 2009, »
Is there a way of having windows close Vixen after my show end time and then reopen it later.  This would fix my BGS problem.
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: Windows Closer?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, »
Create a batch file (a Notepad file that has the extension .bat) that contains this line:
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
tskill vixen

Then go to Start -> Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks -> Create new task

and browse to find this batch file. Schedule it for when you want Vixen to stop.

To restart Vixen, in Scheduled Tasks, create a new task, browse to your Vixen.exe file and schedule that. You can't schedule these two events to happen at the same time -- you should schedule the batch file, for example, at 10:30 and then schedule the Vixen launch at 10:31.

HTH.

\dmc

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, »
If you are running Vista then you need to use the taskkill command as tskill is not suported in Vista.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline ElectricCraft1

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, »
That should take care of my problem.  Thanks.
Branden

Offline ElectricCraft1

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, »
when I hit ok for the scheduled task it asks for a password.  I have no password protection.  I made a password for the administrator account and that did not work either.  get a message that access is denied.  I do not have permission to make the task.  What do I do?
Branden

Offline NonyMoose

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, »
When you setup your task, you specify the user that the task should "run as." For Vista, it's the item under the general tab when creating a new task within the Security Option group.  You should specify a user that has sufficient privileges to run the command. With Vista it's a pain sometimes because of the user access control, so you are best to use the "administrator" account.  You will also need to select the "Run whether user is logged on or not"

When prompted for password, you need to enter the password for the account that the task will fire. This is the user you specified within the Security Options group.

Offline ElectricCraft1

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, »
got it by creating a new admin acct.  Works perfect.  Thank you.  Took care of all BGS problems.
Branden