Author Topic: And 15 Stores later continues....  (Read 892 times)

Offline knguyen916

And 15 Stores later continues....
« on: December 26, 2009, »
Unlike last year I scored so many lights at 75% off. This year I went to check out all the local walmarts, targets, walgreens within a 40 mile radius and to my dismay there was barely any scraps left on the shelf even at 50% off.

Anyone get a big score? raise your hands and show us your pictures because based on my experience it would be tough to believe you  ;D. Congrats to those that scored, if you wait you might find nothing but regular store items replacing the xmas shelves.

Offline BrianO

• Worst thing about moving....you have to reprogram!
Re: And 15 Stores later continues....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, »
I hit every big box store in town, and the only place that had anything was a CVS, and their original prices were so high, that even at 50% off is wasnt a good price.

Offline Bogususer

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, »
I hit 10 Walmarts here today and only found clear 100 count minis.  Not a single box of colored lights anywhere.  Last year I scored several hundred boxes of minis and all sorts of other goodies, so I was quite disappointed with what I saw today.

Offline mo001

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, »
Hit the local Walmart, no clear lights left, only red and blue.  Did get about 20 boxes of 100ct minis, red and blue.  50% off was 1.19 each.  I was hoping for a big score.
I'm ready to build

Offline Made2Rock

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, »
Well I got out at 9:00 but only with my wife pushing me (didn't want to fight the crowds). It was a good thing we did. I think I cleared out the Walmarts here to the tune of $350 in lights (100 ct). After seeing how bad the selection was (I wanted more) I came back and posted the previous thread letting other know to jump RIGHT NOW.

Sounds like Waltmart really cut back this year on their stock.

Joe
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll