Author Topic: Wireless Ver2 update  (Read 23426 times)

Offline coachers

• Coachers
Re: Wireless Ver2 update
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2010, »
Dave,

Spot on! Thank you!

I'm very impressed that one transmitter can handle more then one receiver, absolutely awesome.!
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2010, »
One transmitter (TX) send out instruction to 512 channels or less. Dimmer controller component doesn't matter, as long it equal out to be 512 channels or less and it recieves DMX commands.  Please shoot me down if i am wrong,  I just want to make sure I understand.

Will there be a new version Receivers or is the current version still the standard?

The Express Receiver (EX/RX) that gets connected to the LYNX Dimmer
The Standalone Receiver (RX) which you plug with a patch cable to the Lynx Dimmer controller

Wiki Location information
(Under DMX Wireless Devices You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Thanks

YV

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One transmitter (TX) send out instruction to 512 channels or less. Dimmer controller component doesn't matter, as long it equal out to be 512 channels or less and it recieves DMX commands.  Please shoot me down if i am wrong,  I just want to make sure I understand.

Will there be a new version Receivers or is the current version still the standard?

The Express Receiver (EX/RX) that gets connected to the LYNX Dimmer
The Standalone Receiver (RX) which you plug with a patch cable to the Lynx Dimmer controller

Wiki Location information
(Under DMX Wireless Devices You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Thanks

YV

EX/RX gets a LED upgrade, I don't remember anything else.

The  RX & TX (ver 2)are now one unit. A jumper on board determines if its a TX or RX - the LEDs let you know what mode its in and then if sending/receiving  DMX

Of course ver 2 units will talk with ver 1 units.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2010, »
Nice RJ,  Does that mean will be seeing some coops for both the EX/RX plug-in modules and for the standalone.  ;D.  Looks like there will be a bunch of us looking for these and the dongles once the coops are shipped.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010, »
Nice RJ,  Does that mean will be seeing some coops for both the EX/RX plug-in modules and for the standalone.  ;D.  Looks like there will be a bunch of us looking for these and the dongles once the coops are shipped.

A little while later this year, we are just starting the Beta and we need to have time to find any issues before we release them. Give us a few months and we will run a coop on all the new wireless. Should be about the time JJ digs out from under the hundreds of thousands of parts in the express coop!  ;D

We love you DAD!!!!!!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Wiki entry___

JJ:  See also, Under parts....

No, really, see JJ under the parts!

Keith

;D
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2010, »
DL'd your vids RJ... and as usual it seems you've thought of everything!  How can we ever repay you?  and JJ too!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, »
Should be about the time JJ digs out from under the hundreds of thousands of parts in the express coop!  ;D

We love you DAD!!!!!!

RJ

Sounds like your toy shop could use some elves. This thing could grow exponentially year after year.   :o
Leon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2010, »
TX/RX ver 2 beta pcbs came in a few days ago and I swap the parts over from the proto pcbs to two beta boards and all works well. The EX/RX ver 2 beta pcbs will be here tommorrow and all will ship out to the beta testers. They have parts on the way and I should start getting feedback on the beta in a couple of weeks.

If all goes as well for the beta testers as it has for me I would expect they could release it before too long after that. But like always until the beta testers sign off on it as ready, it ain't ready!

Then I am going to see if any of the coop managers can run a coop for them. I will be sending a pcb out to polycase to get the case machinig setup so we can provide the machined cases for the new units in the coop. I'm thinking do complete coops with the cases so you get everything and we should save a enough to pay for the machined cases for them and maybe still save some.

RJ   

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, »
Sounds great RJ! Oh wait another Coop my wife is gonna kill me ;D  Sounds good about offering the case in the Coop.  Will you be offering a case for the DMX Dongle later in the year or should I just go ahead and order offline myself.  No hurry on the case just wondering.

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2010, »
RJ,

Will the v2 be boards be compatible with the v1 cases?

Thanks,
Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, »
RJ,

Will the v2 be boards be compatible with the v1 cases?

Thanks,
Paul

No I am afraid they are not. The new layout is quite different. And so no one will already have cases so it would be the perfect coop to include them.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2010, »
Beta PCBs are on the way to the testers. Now we find out what we have.  ;D

RJ

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2010, »
Hey beta testers, we know they are not ready for prime time yet, but, are they looking like thumbs up, or thumbs down so far.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2010, »
Hey beta testers, we know they are not ready for prime time yet, but, are they looking like thumbs up, or thumbs down so far.

Its great, it works so well they are bouncing the signal off of the moon.

Sorry not a clue, I am not a beta tester but I did get new meds today :D

Cheers

Rick (on the moon) R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required