Author Topic: Any temp related issues with MR16 parts?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline solidmodeler

Any temp related issues with MR16 parts?
« on: December 28, 2009, »
Looking over BOM @ Mouser getting ready to order parts for a couple extra MR16 boards I have. The 511-L7805ACV Regulator, 520-TCH4000-X Oscillator and the 581-SA105E104Z capacitor are all rated to 0 C. I haven't had any problems with the 2 MR16 I built so far with the coldest day being -18C. This may be because I have the 120-12 volt transformers in the enclosure with the boards.  The next build will not have transformers in them since I will be using all MR16 LEDS and tapping power off the existing MR16 boxes.
My plan is using the same sustitutions that are being used on the LE but don't know about the oscillator?
Thanks,
Michael
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Re: Any temp related issues with MR16 parts?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, »
I have an MR16 that is powered with an external PC power supply, we had had some 17 degree F days and it has been working OK for me

Bill

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looking over BOM @ Mouser getting ready to order parts for a couple extra MR16 boards I have. The 511-L7805ACV Regulator, 520-TCH4000-X Oscillator and the 581-SA105E104Z capacitor are all rated to 0 C. I haven't had any problems with the 2 MR16 I built so far with the coldest day being -18C. This may be because I have the 120-12 volt transformers in the enclosure with the boards.  The next build will not have transformers in them since I will be using all MR16 LEDS and tapping power off the existing MR16 boxes.
My plan is using the same sustitutions that are being used on the LE but don't know about the oscillator?
Thanks,
Michael

What Bom are you looking at? The BOMs where all updated a few days ago for this resaon.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, »
Rick,

I guess there are some more mouser ones you created that need to have the parts I gave you updated.

Thanks

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying