Author Topic: Parallax USB Servo Controller  (Read 1452 times)

Offline CarlRay

Parallax USB Servo Controller
« on: December 29, 2009, »
Does anyone have any experience using the Parallax 16 channel USB Servo Controller with Vixen. I am getting an error when I try to create a sequence using the Parallax PSC plugin which is supposed to let me use this board.

The error message I am getting is:

"An exception occurred when trying to initialize the plugin for setup. Error: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean."

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Carl

Offline aERonAUtical96

Re: Parallax USB Servo Controller
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, »
So my first thought is what version of Vixen are you using and what version of vixen is the plugin created for?  That type of error would normally represent a difference in method params, typically what you would see if you changed a method signature... ie method(bool param) vs method(string param).  Also, check the version of the parallax api that the plugin was written for.  That could have potentially have been changed.

Offline CarlRay

Re: Parallax USB Servo Controller
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, »
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried with Vixen 2.1 and 2.5 on three different computers. I do not know what version of Vixen the plugin was created for. How would I be able to find that information? I just downloaded the Parallax PSC plugin from the plugins download area at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. There was only the one to choose from! Am I mistaken to think that the plugin will allow me to run the board directly from Vixen? Do I need to have another program running with Vixen in order to use the plugin? If so, where would I obtain such a program or API as you say? The only other program that I have is the standalone control program that allows me to run the servos which I obtained from Parallax. This board will allow me to run the servos from VSA (Visual Show Automation) directly. I just naturally assumed I could do the same with Vixen. Is this not the case?

Carl