Author Topic: In Need Of Some Help  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
In Need Of Some Help
« on: December 30, 2009, »
Ok so im new to vixen. I have figured out how to setup profiles, sequnces, and how to add a picture to the digital viewer? (not sure what its called but its where you can see what your house will look like with the lights). I know how to add the channels to the picture as well. The problem im having is playing it back. What do I need to do to be able to see the lights in action on the picture?  ???

Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline deplanche

Re: In Need Of Some Help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, »
Best way to start to understand Vixen is these videos....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, »
Best way to start to understand Vixen is these videos....

Ok Thank you!  ;D
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, »
Program a sequence using the channels you have put on the "adjustable preview" screen. Make sure the "adjustable preview" plug-in is selected in the "output plug-in". Play the sequence and the preview will popup. You should see the dancing lights.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, »
Program a sequence using the channels you have put on the "adjustable preview" screen. Make sure the "adjustable preview" plug-in is selected in the "output plug-in". Play the sequence and the preview will popup. You should see the dancing lights.

-Paul

Thank You. U have figured it out. I had to reinstally Vixen for some strage reason. I had it all setup the correct way however, When I tried to play it back my "lights" didn't want to show up. I reinstalled and made the picture all over again and it worked this time.  ;D

Thanks to all who helped!

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, »
I am also in need of help , This my first try at light animation and I read all of the posts about different versions and different plug in's and it is all confusing.
1 when I download Vixen Which version should I get ?
2 Which plugins do I need?
3 Can I go ahead and play with it and try to do a sequence even tho I don't yet have a controller?
Thanks!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, »
I am also in need of help , This my first try at light animation and I read all of the posts about different versions and different plug in's and it is all confusing.

none
Well you should use the adjustable preview

3 Can I go ahead and play with it and try to do a sequence even tho I don't yet have a controller?
YES, YES, YES

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, »
Thanks!!
    Go to vixen in the wiki it has a how to section explains everything . Yes you can create a sequence and play around with it .  I have 2.1
Jeff

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, »
Ok. I downloaded Vixen 2.1 and unziped the files so how do iI go about being able to use it ?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, »
Ok. I downloaded Vixen 2.1 and unziped the files so how do iI go about being able to use it ?

There is no install program. Just run it from the folder all of the files are in. But make sure you have Microsoft .net install or it won't work.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, »
During reading on these forums I see several people talk about having a sequence computor and a show computor I am wondering how you get your  sequences transfered over to your show computor?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, »
In my case all of my computers at home are networked together

I just use windows explorer and open two windows and copy them (local computer and remove computer)

I also take the files to work (during lunch break of course :D) and use a flash drive to move the files to and from.

Rick R.