Author Topic: every year I have done a show Something spectacular happens  (Read 2010 times)

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
every year I have done a show something spectacular happens

Last night I was out watching the lights.  I built a fire in the firepit in the driveway, a few light guys came over and visited for a while and a few folks were stopping in to get a last look at the lights.   

Before Christmas a female Soprano Opera singer dropped by (yup a real Opera singer) and when Hallelujah played did a spectacular sing along that the whole neighborhood applauded. 

Last night while I was out there, after the guys had left. I was drinking an eggnog and watching the lights and watching people enjoying the light show ... 3 vehicles come up and park across the road, turn off the engines and open the windows and some of the people get out of the car.  They are singing along with the show. I later find that it is a choir group after a practice and they come to chill out.  I am thoroughly enjoying it.  I supplied the music and lights and they are singing a beautifully.  Couldn't ask for a better end to a show.  It hasn't ended yet but another few days it will. 

The traffic and people watching is increasing because of the choir group.  The watchers start to applaud each song as it is completed by the choir group.   There are about 10 vehicles in either direction and the 3 choir vehicles in the middle in front.  Of course the choir group is now starting to move out of their vehicles and singing in the street, as they are enjoying the attention and the spontaneity of it all.  And the light show isn't bad either

Little did anyone know that in the back of the vehicle line up the soprano is back with a friend, another soprano ....  Hallelujah is about to play ... I let the choir know that a great song is coming up Hallelujah.  The soprano remember... was here before and got a standing ovation the last time she had sung for us.    I am not aware at the time she is in the mix yet.   SO we have 2 sopranos and a 23 person very well rehearsed and cohesive choir.

Everybody is just enjoying the spectacular presentation and Hallelujah starts to play ... very slow and low at first ... and we could hear the 2 sopranos getting ready as they engage in the song.  The choir and myself look down the street, you can definitely hear them ... no mistake about it ... the 2 sopranos are out of their vehicle as well.  This has to be at least a football length down the street, and they start to walk up ... my Hallelujah is just under 10 minutes. A beautiful version on its own, but add a live choir and a couple superb sopranos, now we have a "moving spine chilling tears" show. 

Tears are welling up in my eyes, Chills are running through my entire body, it is absolutely spell binding and it is almost as if they had rehearsed this piece forever .... absolutely perfect ... I am sure this is once in a lifetime event.   

Of course the crowd now is mostly out of their vehicles and after Hallelujah has ended the choir and sopranos get together and give each other credits and adulation.  They received a standing ovation from the people that had gathered ... right through the next song. 

Me ...I am in tears and clapping... Now that is what I call a LIGHT SHOW

everybody does a little and we can do a lot ...

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Great story Bill.

Ron

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Bill,

That is AWESOME.

The best I get is a dog barking :(

Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Awesome

;D

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Excellent!

Where's the video?

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
Excellent!

Where's the video?

-Paul

I'm kicking myself for not having the Camera out ... I should know better ... *SMILE*
Merry Lightmass

Offline BCarlson

Bill,

I'm new, and over in Lawrenceville, and wish I could have seen it.  I haven't been able to make it down there yet, but it sounds fantastic.

Brian

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
Excellent!

Where's the video?

-Paul

I'm kicking myself for not having the Camera out ... I should know better ... *SMILE*

Then again....with a camera rolling it may have not be as spontaneous.
Had to be the highlight of your show season, congrats.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
Bill,

I'm new, and over in Lawrenceville, and wish I could have seen it.  I haven't been able to make it down there yet, but it sounds fantastic.

Brian

you are not a member of the GA mafia?  I have an offer you're not gonna want to  refuse ... LOL  

PM me your email address
Merry Lightmass

Offline Greg

The best I get is a dog barking :(

Rick R.

I'm speechless Rick....   ....woof, woof, arf   ;D ;D ;D

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline grossg

Wow!  That's so awesome.
"Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy Perfect Light"

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Heartwarming story Bill... thanks for sharing!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester