Author Topic: POWER CORD PIGTAILS  (Read 12587 times)

Offline sims101

POWER CORD PIGTAILS
« on: December 30, 2009, »
I looking for a place to buy the power pigtails like the one light o Rama sales there has to be a cheaper place?????

Offline solidmodeler

Re: POWER CORD PIGTAILS
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, »
We use to get them at  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login but i just checked and they don't have any more.

Michael
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline sims101

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, »
Thanks I just picked up 90 from them

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
These are full cords sets not pigtails but I usually just cut off the end I don't need. 

Alan T

For what it's worth, I happened to make my pigtails this year by making the decision to cut my 6' extension cords in half instead of just cutting off the end I didn't need. I stored/pack ratted the other ends which came in very handy late in the season when I decided to modify my snowflake strings to control each individual string instead of using the off-the-shelf controller. Wow what a difference that made. I probably saved about $50 bucks on that little moment of decision.

I know there's a million ways of doing it but it's just a thought  :)

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline castortiu

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, »
I buy 6ft extension cords from home depot, $0.94 each.

I think is a good deal since I split them in two and I have the power cord for my custom made trees, and I have the other end that supports 3-outlet connected to the LE.

Gus.

Offline magic8192

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, »
I bought these and I like them.  They are precut and eady to be tinned and installed.

You can call them and get a bulk quote.  Last year they were .99  each shipped for 150 of them.

Offline basis21b

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, »
You could cut the plugs off the power extension cords here:

They have 1, 2 and 3 foot lengths for  $.72, $.90 and $1.08 respectively and offer volume discounts.
Tom B

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, »
You could cut the plugs off the power extension cords here:

They have 1, 2 and 3 foot lengths for  $.72, $.90 and $1.08 respectively and offer volume discounts.

Just make sure you scroll toward the bottom of the page, the cords at the top are for connecting to the back of a computer.

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, »
Holy smokes,  there office is 10 miles from my house sweet!!!  no shipping cost.

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, »
Ok, just got 32 16/3 power cords from monoprice.com. They are pretty nice looking cords, although the exterior sheathing is a little thin (you can see/feel the twist of the wires inside it), but for the price point, they look great. IMHO. With shipping they were just over a buck a piece, in a 3ft length.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, »
Does it matter if they are for Indoor Use Only?

I buy 6ft extension cords from home depot, $0.94 each.

I think is a good deal since I split them in two and I have the power cord for my custom made trees, and I have the other end that supports 3-outlet connected to the LE.

Gus.

Offline BrianO

• Worst thing about moving....you have to reprogram!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, »
Nah, I dont think so.  That is exactly what I used, and rained crazy a couple of days with no problem.  What I ended up doing, is wrapping with electrical tape to try and waterproof a little bit.  I live in central ca, so I am not sure what it would do to you snow guys.  Coldest it got so far this year is 28....not that I am gloating....should have seen people staring at me when I was walking through HD with to big cases of cheapy cords....quizzical looks all around.  I just cut them in half.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, »
Thanks!

Offline comporder1

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, »
We use to get them at  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login but i just checked and they don't have any more.

Michael

Same here..... I bought 128 of them summer of 08'. They were the best deal anywhere. I looked back at my old emails and found an old correspondence with a salesman/purchaser at iofast. I sent him an email asking about the product, and if he would name his supplier. He resonded and said that the company he used to buy them at went out of buisness. He then asked if there was still a strong demand for them and if there was that he would try to find another source for them. I responded and assured him that there was indeed a STRONG demand for them and to see what he could do for us. Sound like we may need to work up another COOP!! :)

What do you guys think? Anyone else need cords? With 514 LE in the COOP now thats 8192 output channels that need cords!!

Carey

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, »
Coop on cords sounds good to me
Jeff