Author Topic: POWER CORD PIGTAILS  (Read 12585 times)

Offline paul58

Re: POWER CORD PIGTAILS
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, »
I believe that qualifies as strong demand. A coop wouldnt hurt my feelings. Having to buy them myself will hurt my feelings! ( As it will hurt many more.)  Oh well :)

Offline sims101

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, »
monoprice is the cheapest place to buy these cords I bought my first one from light o Rama they sell for 30.00$ for 16 channel and don't include the power pig tail with these from monoprice you can use  both ends  for a good deal at .82  ;D

Offline rm357

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, »
I would welcome the co-op, but I'm concerned that the savings of a few cents per cord would be lost in the co-op shipping...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline comporder1

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would welcome the co-op, but I'm concerned that the savings of a few cents per cord would be lost in the co-op shipping...

I have had that concern as well. I guess would depend on how good of a deal he gives us and how many you need. They do real good on shipping. My order of 128 shipped for around $12. Not bad at all. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Offline sims101

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, »
Let's do it get a coop on cords and enclosures too

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, »
I bought these and I like them.  They are precut and eady to be tinned and installed.

You can call them and get a bulk quote.  Last year they were .99  each shipped for 150 of them.

I just asked them to quote these at bulk (for myself and out of curiousity) @ 75 and 150 units, I will post the results here.

Received the below response, notice no shipping information received, sent seperate email requesting shipping cost.

Tony
For item 58-0061-01.642 we currently only have a little over 4700 in stock.
50    $1.43
100   $1.25

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, by Kwajtony »
R,
Tony "C"

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, »
Let's do it get a coop on cords and enclosures too

Greetings,,,

The enclosures tend to cost considerably more with shipping twice.  Especially since, if you buy enough to meet the required amount, that shipping is free from Broadband, as of the last few months or so.  We've had a few people locally go in together to make the needed quantity.  That's why we don't have the cases for LE or FS in the coops now.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline bittig

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, »
Speaking of cases, I do not have enough for my current order to get the free shipping.  Is there anyone if the Fort Wayne, IN area who would want to go together on some cases?

Offline crazybob

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, »
Has anyone looked into / heard back about a cord coop yet? With over 500 expresses in the current coop i believe there would be a HUGE demand!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, »
When looked at in the past it was not worth it. The few cents savings did not add up to all the extra shipping, Shipping boxes needed an time of the coop manager.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, »
I have contacted a manufacture in China about cords and waiting on a response back, however the min. order amount is 3000 units which if the price is right could work.

Offline comporder1

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, »
Has anyone looked into / heard back about a cord coop yet? With over 500 expresses in the current coop i believe there would be a HUGE demand!

I haven't heard back. I emailed him again yesterday. Hopefully he will be able to help us out.

When looked at in the past it was not worth it. The few cents savings did not add up to all the extra shipping, Shipping boxes needed an time of the coop manager.

RJ

Definitely a concern. I would hope that iofast would see the possible demand and just give us a good deal..... maybe a coupon code or something. And just let them handle the shipping.

Offline memphislights

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, »
iofast doesn't seem to list the 3ft female output plugs that they had last year.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, »
Personally it seems like a waste of time to pursue a cord coop.  If I have 10 LEs then I would need 160 cords.  I buy mine from Home Depot for .94 like lot of other people.  If I saved .10 per cord we are only talking about $16.  Then I add in shipping and other time constraints and to me it is not worth even thinking about.  Even I was to save .20 per cord I have too many other things to worry about and for me I have a brand new HD just one mile down the road from me.  I've also bought cords at Walmart for .96.  Looking at 3 wire cords is a waste also since there is no grounding available with the LEs.  The only thing I do different is to use 14ga input cords on the LEs, although I know of people who use the std .94 cord for their input power as well.  I make my own by buying a 100ft 14ga extension cord and then cutting it into 6ft lengths.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, »
 I am asking a company in China for a quote on the min. quanity which is 3000. All of these prices are per piece and DOES not include shipping, the figures are based on 3000 units of each size. These are the regular indoor type extension cords. :o ;D
6FT   USD 0.27
9FT   USD 0.34
12FT   USD 0.41
15FT   USD 0.48
18FT   USD 0.55
20FT   USD 0.60
25FT   USD 0.72

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, by jap813 »