Author Topic: POWER CORD PIGTAILS  (Read 12586 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: POWER CORD PIGTAILS
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, »
ok thanks. Im just getting other stuff bought for the le's i bought. Still waiting for 3 people to pay so they can order the parts in.

Offline rm357

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, »
For my megatree, I put 6' cords on the LEs. It makes for a bit of an octopus to untangle, but I didn't need any additional cords for the megatree so it is a reasonable trade-off. For other parts of the yard I made legths depending on where the power was needed. Using SSR4s for the Icicle lights, I did 15', 6', 6', 15' for the four outputs. Again, I only neede an additional 3 foot extension for one end... For the star on my megatree, the SSR4 is mounted on the star and has only one outlet with a 15' cord. The other three circuits are wired directly into the SSR4 with no plugs...

Needless to say, I had the whole layout planned before I started buying and putting stuff together. I figure each year I will be adding to the previous year, and if I need to change the lengths, it's just a couple of screws and a zip tie per cord...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline inzeos

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, »
Custom lengths work great for display elements you know you will be doing over and over.   I will probably end up doing custom extension outlets using SPT cord for certain elements.

Offline sleonhardt

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, »
I am in the garage door business. I am going to get them from old electric openers that I take down. Maybe you could find a local company that is throwing away regularly something that has a cord on it that you can cut it off of. It is just a thought. But with the cost of gas maybe not.

Scott