Author Topic: General Questions  (Read 1154 times)

Offline AndroidGrez

General Questions
« on: December 30, 2009, »
Hi Group,

I have a few things going on in the head and am in need of some answers.

I currently am running LOR and am looking in to getting LSP as soon as David gets the key board up.

Now my question is what type of control board should i get for both softwares?

I see the Lynx and the MR16.

Also is there an option for number of channels per card?

My plan for this year is to get about 4-6 houses to sink together.

I need info on how to go wireless and what cards to use cables ect.

I see there is a coop going but i need to know what I can use.

Thanks,

Jim

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: General Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, »
First go here to the wiki equipment page and read up on each piece of hardware. They have different purposes.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There really is no Lynx controller anymore "Lynx" is a brand of controllers as in "Lynx MR16 controller" or "Lynx Express Controller"

The MR16 is really design to operate 12 volt DC MR16 led flood lights for wall washers and other low voltage dc items it is 16 channels.

The Lynx Express is the most popular by far controller and is 16 channels of AC light dimming control like a LOR or other stand AC dimmer.

The Lynx Dongle is the part you need to let your computer make the DMX data to control it all so you need one of this for each 512 channels you want to use.  If you go over 512 channels you will need another one to have the ability to control 1024 channels ETC.

I also recomend you read this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login all the way I know the first part is just a Glossary of terms but the last is good infromation.

Hope this helps.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying