Author Topic: LED Preference - C6 or M6?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
LED Preference - C6 or M6?
« on: December 31, 2009, »
OK,

So what is your preference on the C6 strawberry style of light vs. the M6 mini style of light for LEDs?  Do you think one looks better from a distance?  Are the colors the same?

Basically, do you have a preference one way or the other and if so why?

Thanks for the input.  I'm trying to plan my LED purchase for 2010.  I'm planning on a 4 color mega tree in LED and maybe some other items.

Ron

Offline rogerwh

Re: LED Preference - C6 or M6?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, »
This may sound a bit odd but for a mega tree I think I would prefer the C-6 lights as the light is a bit more diffused and would give more of a color "wash" to the tree.  Also the c-6 is typically visible from all angles.    For mini trees and shrubs, etc I tend to prefer the mini's as they give off a more intense and compact light and stand out more.

Keep in mind I have not built a mega tree and only have a static display but I have viewed quite a few animated shows.  Just my 2 cents.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, »
I used CDI M6 and standard Mini's on my 6 Foot trees this year, and to me looked ok.

Bill

Offline memphislights

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, »
At night and 10+ feet away, I think that it matters very little.  At that distance, it is just a point of light.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, »
I use the C6 on my megatree.  It does tend to fill in the gaps.

On my smaller tomato cage trees, I use the M6 LEDs and shorter strings.  It looks OK that way.

On my roof, I've got the C7 replacement LED's to outline the roof.

I think each has it's place.

The C6 tends to spread out the light better than the M6.  It doesn't necessarily look better one way or another.

If I was putting LED's on my arches or on wireframes, I'd probably vote for the M6's, since they wouldn't tangle as easily.
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, »
Iused 64 strings of C3 that I bought from Home Depot during the $3 off trade in sale.  They look great and can be seen from a long distance.  btw, these lights were $8 per box when I bought them.  Used the $3 off coupon to get them for $5 and then two weeks later HD lowered the price to $6 per box.  I took my receipts in and asked for $2 per box back and got it making all my strings just $3 each.  Don't lose those receipts.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA