Author Topic: Happy New Years /w Fireworks  (Read 1264 times)

Offline meman

Happy New Years /w Fireworks
« on: January 01, 2010, »
Since we still get to enjoy the freedom of blowing off fireworks here in Florida, I  thought I'd share a slice of last nights festivities. The rain let up enough at midnight to get everything going. Feel free to use this thread to post some pics and video of your own celebrations..we'd love to see them!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Happy New Year,
Mike E.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
Re: Happy New Years /w Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, »
Looks like you guys had fun!  The display in the background looks awesome!  Any videos?  I like the palm tree.

Happy New Year,

Kyle   ;D ;D
Excess is Success

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, »
Here is a video of the lights. I'm just getting started, so all I had this year is a 4 channel chaser like one would use for stage lighting with a band or theater. I already got into the coop for 64 channels, so I'm on my way to a mo betta' show for Christmas 2010.

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, »
WOW!  :o Wish we could do that here in California (illegal). What camcorder did you use? The quality turned out really nice.

Since we still get to enjoy the freedom of blowing off fireworks here in Florida, I  thought I'd share a slice of last nights festivities. The rain let up enough at midnight to get everything going. Feel free to use this thread to post some pics and video of your own celebrations..we'd love to see them!

Happy New Year,
Mike E.

Offline rsriverrat

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, »

Happy New Year,
Mike E.

Really? where in florida are you, because up here in the panhandle you cant have anything that leaves the ground, so even bottle rockets are against the law, i didnt buy any this year but last yr i bought 3 gross of bottle rockets with report and damn near got arrested for shooting them off..

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, »
You're not supposed to have them here in Florida... but I've never seen anyone get in any real trouble.  If you got harassed, then someone had a burr up their a$$ that day.   You just use the "ridding the yard of birds" excuse (or something like that... it's on the form you sign when you buy them from any FL fireworks dealer).  But I've never seen anything like what he had sold here.  Must have gotten those out of state.

Offline meman

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, »
Thanks...the video did turn out out well for a $99 Nikon CoolPix 10mp in "night landscape" mode. I think the secret is the tripod.
These "cake" type fireworks are sold all day long in many FL counties. I always get mine from Don at Pyro Junkie in Tampa. Yes, you do have to sign the waiver stating that they are for scaring birds off your crops, etc. Thank God my crops are safe again!