Author Topic: When do you take them down  (Read 1571 times)

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
When do you take them down
« on: January 02, 2010, »
In about an hour I will start taking down my 2009 show. Although my mind is already on the 2010 show, there is sadness in my heart to think of 2009 coming down. That being my first show, it has been with me every waking moment for the last 14 months. But it time to move on to a bigger and better show for 2010. Today is a day of sadness and pride and excitement for me. When I started this hobby, I did not understand how much a bunch of lights could affect you.

Just wanted to know when everyone else takes theirs down?

Jeff   

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: When do you take them down
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, »
Hi Jeff,

I know exactly what you mean. I was also sad yesterday while taking down part of my display. Basically everything in the yard. Everything connected to the house is still up and running. I still have a ton of stuff to put away before I start on phase 2 of take down. My goal for this year is to start sequencing earlier. I have a couple of songs that I started but did not get finished. Of course I need more channels and lights but thats a given.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, »
In about an hour I will start taking down my 2009 show. Although my mind is already on the 2010 show, there is sadness in my heart to think of 2009 coming down. That being my first show, it has been with me every waking moment for the last 14 months. But it time to move on to a bigger and better show for 2010. Today is a day of sadness and pride and excitement for me. When I started this hobby, I did not understand how much a bunch of lights could affect you.

Just wanted to know when everyone else takes theirs down?

Jeff   

I'm taking it down today as well.

Offline OkieJay

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, »
I will start today, but it will be a couple of days before it is all down.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, »
Mine is down as of yesterday.

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, »
VIcki's yard is coming down today,  had to take it down early because her main water pipe needs to be replace, they start digging her yard up Monday AM ... but the rest will wait until the 6th .. it is another end and another beginning...

I am excited as well in anticipation of 2010, maybe I will finish 2009 plans ... ;-)

may 2010 bring many adventures, travel and excitement and then bring you back home safe and sound.
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline cmorda

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, »
I took mine down yesterday as well. It was bittersweet for me. I felt good about getting it all put away and organized. And that I will be able to cut the grass this weekend. But I was disappointed that it was over.

Of course it didn't help when I drove around the corner and saw my neighbor's blinking away happily. :)

Chris
Ventura, CA

Offline solidmodeler

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, »
Since today the high is 13 degrees I think I will wait until the cords aren't frozen to the ground. LOL

Michael
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, »
My lights are off, but am expecting out of town guests on the 4th and 5th so will leave the display up until then so I can let them see it live.  Also want to try using Vixen 2.5 and some of the tools that I found for that release like the MegaTree Builder.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, »
I stopped my show last night.  It's frigid out, so it's not coming down until it gets much, MUCH, warmer.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, »
Agree,

Its about 23 degs outside with a wind chill of 7 deg :(

House lights and LEs are staying put for now

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required