Author Topic: Express Coop Cost?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline crazybob

Express Coop Cost?
« on: January 02, 2010, »
So this may be a stupid question, but this is the first time I may be joining a coop on here. The $68 rate was for the 75 kit level, and the way i understand we get a better rate with more orders. Looks like there's 222 kits right now, do we know what the lower rate will be, or do we just find out when the order is put in?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Express Coop Cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So this may be a stupid question, but this is the first time I may be joining a coop on here. The $68 rate was for the 75 kit level, and the way i understand we get a better rate with more orders. Looks like there's 222 kits right now, do we know what the lower rate will be, or do we just find out when the order is put in?

Normally the final price is not known until the order is set to mouser. But since I am not a coop manager I could be wrong :)

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Express Coop Cost?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, »

I moved this out of the coop thread to keep the thread clean and try to limit questions in the order thread.

The Coop final price is not known as Rick said until the end. We have no way of knowing the final cost until we get a quote from mouser, ect. We can not do that until we know the final count of units.

We post the highest possible price to allow you to make your choice based on this. The price is not going to go down more than a few dollars so it is not like it might cut in half or anything. If it were a business we would set a price and as it got cheaper our profit goes up so it is easier. But since we divide the final cost out to everyone we have to know what that is before we can say. Everyone has the right to drop out up until the money is paid. But if too many drops out by not paying, it raises the cost to everyone and then everyone would have to send some more in. This has never happen yet but could happen. This is also why we do not order anything until everyone pays or we have waited as long as we are going to for them and we drop them and check price again.

Hope this clears it up for you.

RJ
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, by tstewart »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline crazybob

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, »
Yes it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer, and sorry for posting my question in the order thread  :-X

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, »
Yes it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer, and sorry for posting my question in the order thread  :-X

Not a problem at all! Glad to get you answered.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying