Author Topic: Need to get 3-6 SSR4's what's the best approach? Coop?  (Read 4546 times)

Offline satskier

I'm going to need at least 3 SSR4's for the 2010 display.  Clearly there is time, but is this an order the PCB from RJ item or will there likely be a coop?

Offline memphislights

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

But PMing RJ is probably your best bet to see if he has any ssr4 pcbs.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Do you plan to use the dmx option with the ssr4s or do you have or getting a controller like the Freestyle to control the ssr4s?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline satskier

Thanks for the pointer, missed this while on vacation.

Rick, I'm planning to use Wireless, DMX.  These will be going in harder to wire places.

Offline thshadow

Hey I am looking for a few as well  with DMX option and RJ is out of boards from last coop.. Someone else PM me that they also are looking for boards... So maybe we could look at perhaps a Coop for this... not sure exactly how setting up a coop works.. and all... but if there are enough of us looking for boards it might make sense... Really rather new to all this so still learning a lot about the whole thing.

- Mike

Offline blickensderfer

• Administrator
satskier & Mike,

I have 25 extra PCB of the SSR4DMX boards.  There are the Ver. 1 boards.  I purchased about 50 of these and built all that I need.  These are just the PCB.  The boards need the 5 traces cut if you are using the DMX option.  Check this link for more info.  http://diylightanimation.com/index.php?topic=175.0

I will sell them for what I have in them.  I will have to check to what the PCB cost me.

Edit:
They cost me $2.20 ea plus 3% Paypal plus shipping.  I will send them via USPS.

Dan
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, by blickensderfer »

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,

The first coop of the year has just closed orders.  We know that other people want various items.  That's why Bill's thread was started.  To see who wants what the most at the moment.  It's only January, and we're still getting this year's activity started.   ;D

Keep watching the boards and you'll know as soon as the next one starts.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline thshadow

Keith..

I haven't seen the coop post of what people want... Where is it? Sorry I know that is a silly question just don't seem to see it. Normally I wouldn't even be looking for SSR at this point or even thinking about it having not even built the dongle yet but I bought the wrong parts list... instead of dongle parts I copied and pasted SSR so now it is like.. well a bit committed to build it... ;) good first learning experience always always check the mouser to order parts list a second time before pressing buy...

Dan:

I just PM'ed you. I would like a few if you can PM me details for such... like Paypal account and we can figure out shipping and such..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, by thshadow »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Keith..

I haven't seen the coop post of what people want... Where is it? Sorry I know that is a silly question just don't seem to see it. Normally I wouldn't even be looking for SSR at this point or even thinking about it having not even built the dongle yet but I bought the wrong parts list... instead of dongle parts I copied and pasted SSR so now it is like.. well a bit committed to build it... ;) good first learning experience always always check the mouser to order parts list a second time before pressing buy...

Dan:

I just PM'ed you. I would like a few if you can PM me details for such... like Paypal account and we can figure out shipping and such..

Bills post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline thshadow

Awesome.. got it... thanks would have never checked there... still finding my way around the boards a bit.. This is only week 2 for me...

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,,

It was referenced in the thread's 2nd post.

We try to keep up with what people want.  Lots of pcbs get eaten up in the pre-Christmas rush to finish projects.  Takes a little time to start anew each year.  Lots of new people, new items, new coops.   ;D

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues