Author Topic: PC based Dongle  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Garyi

PC based Dongle
« on: January 07, 2010, »
I am wondering if anyone has ever considered a "dongle card" that could be inserted into a PC slot saving having to have a external device that could get kicked around?

Just thinking about reduced clutter.

Gary
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login DMX.gif

Offline rsriverrat

Re: PC based Dongle
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, »
i think the dongle is the best solution for everyone since different people use different types of computers, that being said, it really wouldnt be that hard to mount the dongle on say an old broken nics plate cut a hole for the usb cord and plug it in, or you could mount in a free cd slot using a 3.5 to 5.25 adapter and connect the usb to an internal free usb port and then route a cat5 jumper to the back of the pc, once i get my boards built i'll play around and see what i can come up with...

ratt

Offline tbone321

Re: PC based Dongle
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, »
Many people in here use multiple machines to test, create sequences, and run shows and while you really don't need the dongle to create sequences, you kinda do to test those sequences with the hardware you intend to use as well as test the hardware that you just built.  Having an external USB dongle makes it much easier to transfer this required item between machines as many go thru the process of building equipment and creating their shows which saves cheapskates like me money over buying and building multiple internal cards.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving