Author Topic: Addition to the Firmware  (Read 1230 times)

Offline tconley

• Conley Family Christmas
Addition to the Firmware
« on: January 08, 2010, »
RJ,
     I don't know if you have thought about this before but adding a timer to the controller so if it stop receiving signals from the application that it ramps all of the lights down to zero.  I know this was added to the renard firmware sometime back.  It would help if a show gets stopped in the middle so the light don't just stay on till someone notices.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, by tconley »
Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?

I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

David_AVD

Re: Addition to the Firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, »
That's what most DMX stage dimmer packs do and is a handy feature.  In my DMX receiver code, I usually have all channel drop to zero (no fade - too lazy to code that) when DMX has disappeared for more than 10 seconds I think.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ,
     I don't know if you have thought about this before but adding a timer to the controller so if it stop receiving signals from the application that it ramps all of the lights down to zero.  I know this was added to the renard firmware sometime back.  It would help if a show gets stopped in the middle so the light don't just stay on till someone notices.

I have been doing it for years as in my first dmx controller had it. do a search on "Kiwi Protocol" but it does not work with wireless since they always get dms.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

David_AVD

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, »
RJ, can you expand on that? (I assume you meant DMX not dms?)