Author Topic: Will there be changes to Express Wireless Receivers? Have Ver#1 PCB I can build  (Read 1697 times)

Offline solidmodeler

Will the "Express Wireless Receivers" from 2009 coop be fully compatible with the new Version 2 transmitters? I have 5 PCB’s which I have not bought parts for yet and thought I would get a jump on them while waiting for new LE coop to be completed. No big deal to wait till after Ver 2 beta testing and changes.

Thanks
Michael
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
I think this provides the answers you are looking for:    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As RJ as stated, the plan is for Version 2 to be fully compatible with Version 1.  However, none of the Version 1 boards will work with the  transceiver being used on the Version 2  - the transceiver has a different footprint.   

You can fully populate the version 1 and have confidence  you can use a mixture of version 1 and  Version 2 units.   

If you need the signal to carry a significant distance....  say more than 300  feet, you may want to use the Version 2 transmitter because of the increased strength of the module being used in version 2. 

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline solidmodeler

I saw where he covered the transmitter and standalone receiver. But not much about the Express receiver. I'll just wait and see what happens down the road.

Thanks,
Michael

Offline RJ

• Administrator
The plan is to add two LED's to it for power and data recieved from the TX.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
...However, none of the Version 1 boards will work with the  transceiver being used on the Version 2  - the transceiver has a different footprint....

Larry

Huh?
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline austindave

...However, none of the Version 1 boards will work with the  transceiver being used on the Version 2  - the transceiver has a different footprint....

Larry

Huh?

I'm pretty sure he's saying that one of the components being specified for Version 2 won't fit on the Version 1 boards... That is, some of the parts aren't interchangeable. But you can still build v1 boards with the old parts list & they'll work fine in networks with v2 boards.

--Dave
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, by austindave »
Austin, Texas - "BubbaLand"

Offline solidmodeler

I think I caused some confusion here. There are 2 types of wireless receivers. One that is standalone that uses the same board as the transmitter referenced here  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and another smaller one that inserts into the LE referenced here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. The later is what I was refering to

I understood what you are saying RJ, same board as ver. 1.2 just upgraded with the addition of 2 LEDS, 1 for power and 1 for data.

Thanks much,
Michael