Author Topic: Questions about what is required  (Read 3283 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Questions about what is required
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How many LE can be connected to one DMX Dongle?

you can have up to 512 channels and I believe 32 devices. So if you were to hook up 32 SSR4 devices (4 channels each) you would max out DMX with only 128 channels. In the case of the Express you can 32 to a single DMX for a total of 512 channels.

NOTE: If you want more then 512 channels you can add a second dongle and create a second set of 512 channels.

One thing I saw missing is a radio. In most cases you'll want to transmit your audio which will require a transmitter. I went with the one RJ recommened in another thread and I like it. It interested let me know and I'll double check what it is.

Another point to the above is wireless versus wired. Wireless will cost a little more but will help reduce the number of wires in your yard.

Its all about money. You make it and we'll give you ideas on just how to spend it.  ;D

The 32 device limit is really for the older RS-485 chip, we did keep it at 32 devices per RS-485 as a percaution.
With wireless or splitter or LE splitter that device limit is not an issue using them and counting the total number of devices.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline salongaopm

Re: Questions about what is required
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, »
Thanks guys for the quick reply regarding DMX Dongle.