Author Topic: Vixen using two monitors.  (Read 1599 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Vixen using two monitors.
« on: January 16, 2010, »
I have 2 monitors.  I wanted to drag the animated picture of my house onto the another monitor and have just Vixen running on the other.  That way when I play a sequence I could have the program and animated picture of my house both at full screen for easy viewing.  BUT, I can't drag the picture outside of Vixen.  Am I missing something to do this?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Caliente Christmas

Re: Vixen using two monitors.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, »
Suggestion:
Stretch Vixen to both monitor, then adjust the sequence set on one monitor and the animated picture while its playing on the other monitor.  Hopefully this makes sense
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, by Caliente Christmas »

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, »
Caliente is correct... you have to manually extend the size of Vixen to both screens.  One issue I think you may encounter... when you stop a sequence, the Adjustable Preview window returns back to it's original location on the first window.  I though this was fixed on 2.5, but I haven't tested that version on my dual screens at work.  I thought KC had the adjustable viewer window remember the size and location of it's last open state.

So after all the blabber above :) if you can't get the window to open back up at the same location try version 2.5 of Vixen.

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, »
Sorry should have mentioned the version i am using, 
I am using Vixen 2.5.0.7 and my suggestion worked without dragging the animated picture everytime. 

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, »
Thank you guys.  I am able to stretch Vixen across both monitors.  Then move the picture to the other monitor.  My second monitor is a 42 inch 1080P TV.  I like it to put my animated house picture on the TV so when I play the sequence I can see my show easily. 

This will be my first controlled animated show Christmas in 2010.  I bought a ton of mini's 50% to 75% off after Christmas and ordered 7 Lynx Express controllers in the January coop.  Got all the parts and enclosure for the DMX dongle.  Ordered the Weller WLC100 soldering station from Amazon.   Playing around with the software to learn.  Mapping out the yard to see what I want to do from the 100+ videos I watched of other peoples shows.  Oh WOW 112 channels!  This is going to be so much fun.  I know how to solder.  I have built several "HEATH" kits, many old P-Box kits and a bunch or home brew circuits from many years past.  I am 53 now and bit by the blinky light bug about 2 years ago.  Just now getting started.  My 08 and 09 shows were 2 six channel Gemmi boxes from WalMart that blinked to the music but you could NOT program them.

Thanks again

Ron

My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, »
Yep, sounds like you caught the "bug".  :)  112 is a nice setup for your first year doing DIY.  Just take your time on the soldering and you should be good.  You are starting early which is half the battle.  last 2 years I've procrastinated until Oct/Nov timeframe.  This year I told myself I'm starting the setup in early Nov, so now I have a goal.