Author Topic: using vixen  (Read 1695 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
using vixen
« on: January 16, 2010, »
hey was just wondering started using vixen had a few issues  still was able to get to do everything so i,m not to worried just making sure before i go any further.                                                                                                                                         

1.   I have COM1, COM3 no Com2 like the video        ???                                                               

2. I picked Renard like video I,m guessing that is the name of his controllers if so what do i pick
 or does it not matter what you pick didn,t see any thing with USB  on it i will be useing cat5 cable not wireless
 :-\

Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: using vixen
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, »
Hi Jeff

1 - You don't need com 2 - Guessing that Com1 is your serial port and Com3 is what FTDI picked
2 - For the Lynx Dongle you will Pick Enttec DMX USB PRO

Take a look at Bill's videos on setting up for the Lynx Dongle in the wiki. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you just using Vixen to see how it works I would not enable the dongle, especially if you don't have one yet.

See the attached pictures.
1 - Vixen No lights - Just using the adjustable preview to see how the show might look like
2 - Vixen Lights - Dongle connected along with a controller and lights

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, »
Downloaded Vixen and after much playing around watching how to videos and reading , I was able to do some sequencing. My question is on the adjustable preview I drew an outline of what my lights looked like . When I play the sequence I noticed 2 of my channels are missing in the preview . I am pretty sure that I drew all the 16 channels to start with . All the channels are asigned colors and the channels box is checked to enable channels . Is there a way to return to the drawing of the preview that I already have or do I have to start over. When I try to get into the preview It is like I am starting a new drawing. Thanks for any help!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, »
Downloaded Vixen and after much playing around watching how to videos and reading , I was able to do some sequencing. My question is on the adjustable preview I drew an outline of what my lights looked like . When I play the sequence I noticed 2 of my channels are missing in the preview . I am pretty sure that I drew all the 16 channels to start with . All the channels are asigned colors and the channels box is checked to enable channels . Is there a way to return to the drawing of the preview that I already have or do I have to start over. When I try to get into the preview It is like I am starting a new drawing. Thanks for any help!!

Did you use a profile?

If so then you need to edit the profile's adjustable preview

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required